Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 04:23 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Fatal error: Failed opening required

Ben

Anonymous
Text Formatted Code
Fatal error: Failed opening required 'classes/timer.class.php' (include_path=':.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/sites/site57/web/geeklog_testing/public_html/lib-common.php on line 146

I have no idea why i am haveing this problem.

During the instalation averything worked fine, but when i completed the instalation i got this error, (when loading the "success.php"), and then when trying to load the index.php in the root of the public_html directory i get the same error (and the same with any file of the script).

What seems to be happening is when the script is trying to load the timer (that would print how long it took to create the page) and for some odd reson it cannot load it.

Now i am positive that i have all my directory setting correct, i went trough them all and it seems fine.

Ben

Anonymous
HERE IS A NEW PROBLEM

Text Formatted Code
Fatal error: Failed opening required 'PHP/Compat.php' (include_path='') in /home/sites/site57/web/geeklog_testing/public_html/lib-common.php on line 127

Here is a bit more background; my servers is running PHP ver. 4.1.2.

Now after encountering this problem i am haveing with getting geeklog to run on my server i started to read posts in this (installation help) forum, and i came up on the sticky post (by dirk) that says that there is a problem and somehting was overlooked and it wouldent run on anything lower the PHP ver. 4.2, but there is a workaround.

So i implamented it, and now i come up with this error (as stated in the code section of this post).

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, can i get some help?

Thankx in advance,
Ben

Ben

Anonymous
For refrence here is dirks post

http://www.geeklog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=1&showtopic=44625

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
So did you download and install the updated PEAR packages?

bye, Dirk

Ben

Anonymous
yes i did then my error canged from error loading the timer class to the new error in my second post

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Problem solved via IRC. For the record:
  1. The require_once line in lib-common.php that points to config.php should use the path to config.php, not a URL

2. The piece of code needed for compatibility with PHP 4.1.x has to be inserted after the if block testing for $_CONF['have_pear'], not just after that if statement itself.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:23 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content