Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 03:11 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

To upgrade or not to upgrade (1.3.9 -> 1.3.10)

RickW

Forum User
I'm using the latest 1.3.9 version.

Because of the all the custom hacks I have been integrating into the code all over the place, it would take me some time to make the same changes if I do a fresh install of 1.3.10.

I do want to upgrade, but it depends on what is going to make it into the next release. Any bugs being worked on right now? Any new features being worked on that will prompt a 1.3.11 release? If so, what timeframe are we looking at?
www.antisource.com

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
See the posts entitled "Revised plan of action: Geeklog 1.3.11" here.

bye, Dirk

RickW

Forum User
Thank you Dirk.

I also took the liberty of registering for the dev mailing list. Looks like interesting conversation. Wink

There is actually a very simple solution that will solve all of your spam woes. Will I be able to submit a proposal of the solution to this mailing list?

edit: Okay I submitted my proposal to the devtalk list. Basically my idea is to pull out the spamx plugin, and use code verification instead. The only way you'll get comment spam after that is if you have a spammer taking the time to write every comment manually, but whenever I got spammed I knew it was automated.
www.antisource.com

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by RickW: I also took the liberty of registering for the dev mailing list.

Wrong list, sorry. Use geeklog-devtalk, please.

Quote by RickW: There is actually a very simple solution that will solve all of your spam woes.

We have a working solution against the spam problem - it's called the SpamX plugin. That spam post mentioned on the mailing list was automatically detected and discarded.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:11 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content