Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 17 2024 @ 08:53 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

DailyQuote 1.0.5 rc1 released

machinari

Forum User
DailyQuote 1.0.5 rc1 released.

* this release features a database backup utility.
* makes use of a 1.3.10 specific plugin function that allows a plugin to have it's own block menu.
* Extend the user profile display with very little effort (see the documentation for this).
* one database change.
...and other stuff.
the cat man form will be redone before rc2.

remember to read the docs. get it from SummitPages.ca

s_witch

Forum User
Chatty
Excellent! Off to install from scratch on a new site of ours. Will upgrade our existing site also and let you know how we go Mr. Green
Regards Jill

machinari

Forum User
1.0.5 final will be out as soon as i buy a new cpu. Mad
rewrote the catman update logic entirely, cuz it sucked. now it works like it was meant to. sorry to those who are still dealing with a crappy and only occasionally working cat man page.

and i'm really proud of the backup and now preview/restore features that i've added. gonna use it for doing my gl tables as well. also increased data integrity checks to cover errors that may result from manual table tampering or imports not via the dq batch. most errors that might be caused by my application are dealt with by the checks. Razz

if i can repair my pc by thurs. it'll be out then. otherwise it'll be after christmas cuz i'm outa town for a few and all my data is on the pc. Doh! - that was a mistake

s_witch

Forum User
Chatty
Bummer about the cpu...hope you get it fixed soon.

I've just done a fresh install of 1.0.5 rc1 and can see most of the new features. The new plugin block works great Very Happy Haven't tried the backup feature yet. Hmmm still fiddling around here a bit though as it blown our theme away in places...grrr. Once I have our theme back in order I'll do some more testing. Oh batch add works fine too....
Regards Jill

s_witch

Forum User
Chatty
Ok I sorted our theme problem. Have now tried the backup utility and it works fabulously. Excellent work!!!

Big Celebration

Regards Jill

machinari

Forum User
DailyQuote 1.0.5 rc2 released.

* Thickened up the backup/restore utility a bit.
* Rewrote the catman page significantly.
* other fixes and tweaks here and there--read the docs for more info.

If no one has any problems by the weekend or thereabouts, I'll put the final up on geeklog.net then. I tested considerabley and fixed what bugs I found.
If the backup/restore doesn't function in your environment, please let me know your configuration (server type, etc) and I'll accomodate you.

machinari

Forum User
Quote by s_witch: Ok I sorted our theme problem.
Is there anything I can do with the plugin's layout to accomodate your theme? ie, are there significant layout errors in the plugin causing it to not play nice with various themes? or is your theme just very customized?

let me know if I can help

s_witch

Forum User
Chatty
let me know if I can help

Thank you kindly for the offer but we sorted it out ourselves. It was a while ago now so I can't remember the specifics of the problem Embarassed It blew our pages wide in the browser though...but we solved it by copying over some of our theme files from the previous release.
Regards Jill

machinari

Forum User
Quote by s_witch: It blew our pages wide in the browser though...

it may have been the problem noted in this thread. the fix is noted there also. It was the way i set the edit images in and IE not liking me very much. btw, 1.0.5. final has been released, but the noted fixes aren't there.

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:53 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content