Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 07:37 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Installed on OS X but error loading main page

brossow

Anonymous
determined
Server environment: Mac OS X Server v10.2.8, PHP 4.3.6, MySQL 4.0.15

Installed the latest 1.x release of Geeklog this afternoon. Created the MySQL user and database without issue. Install script went without a hitch and said it was successful and the 'success' page loaded nicely. But when I click on the link to the main page I get this error:

Text Formatted Code
An SQL error has occured. Please see error.log for details.

Here's what it says in error.log:

Tue Dec 14 15:13:29 2004 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '= gl_comments.sid) AND (gl_stories.perm_anon >= 2) AND (gl_stor. SQL in question: SELECT DISTINCT count(*) AS dups, type, question, gl_stories.title, gl_stories.sid, qid, max(gl_comments.date) as lastdate FROM gl_comments LEFT JOIN gl_stories ON ((.sid = gl_comments.sid) AND (gl_stories.perm_anon >= 2) AND (gl_stories.draft_flag = 0) AND (tid IN ('General','GeekLog'))) LEFT JOIN gl_pollquestions ON ((qid = gl_comments.sid) AND (gl_pollquestions.perm_anon >= 2)) WHERE (gl_comments.date >= (DATE_SUB(NOW(), INTERVAL 172800 SECOND))) AND ((((gl_stories.perm_anon IS NOT NULL))) OR (((gl_pollquestions.perm_anon IS NOT NULL)))) GROUP BY gl_comments.sid ORDER BY 7 DESC LIMIT 15

I have twice dropped and recreated the entire database and re-run the install script. Each time I get the same error. The new user has full access to the new MySQL database without restriction. The paths in the config file are all correct. All the other links at the top of the page work, just not those linking to [...]/public_html/index.php.

Thanks for any help -- I'd really like to be able to use Geeklog.

brossow

Anonymous
Never mind -- solved my own problem. Pico was splitting a [very] long line into three separate ones in lib-common.php as in this thread. I posted a better explanation of the problem and solution in that thread.

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:37 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content