Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 01:40 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Converting the Core from Solar to Lunar

Ben

Anonymous
thoughtful
I was wondering if there is any hacks out there (or are in the works) that can convert the calander from english to hebrew not only the laguage also the format.

As you may know that the jewish calander follows the moon (a lunar year) rather then the sun (a solar year).

And i was wondering if there is any way to change the core date system of the site from solar to lunar, i.e. that the date on the front page shoud be the lunar year as well, yet all f it would stay in english.

Thanks in advance,
Ben

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I'm afraid that would more or less require a rewrite of the calendar.

If you have such a calendar script, it shouldn't be too hard to integrate it into Geeklog, as Geeklog's calendar is only loosely tied to the system. That script would have to include its own mechanism for event submissions, though.

bye, Dirk

Ben

Anonymous
I get the part about the calender.

Now about the date that is displaed at teh top of the site is there any way to ADD the lunar count into the diplayed date? i am assuming that when the page loads it call the date varible, so i was wondering if i can add into the varible the lunar count as well and like that i will be diplayed on evry page, is that posibble?

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:40 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content