Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 05:24 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

[Filemgmt Hack] Protect FileStore (Not in plublic_html path)

mthomas

Forum User
I know I have seen a question/request for this someplace, perhaps on geeklog.net.

I will be making a hack for Filemgmt to allow for secured file stores. IE it would not be direct links such as mysite.com/filedata/data.txt.

Instead I will be submitting a "fpassthrough" php command to retreive file from the specified file store, same setup process as before except it will no longer need to be placed in the plublic_html path.

This allows for a more secure downloads section and makes it a perfect launch point to being implimenting group security on downloads, which may be my next project.

The Issue with this commnd is that you must also supply a filetype "applicatin/text" type var, to get around the need to identify each file type I will use octet stream as my file type since that can be used for any file type. That said some non-standard browsers might balk at it, however IE, Netscape, Opera and other major or at least well developed browsers should work fine.

Any donations toward this project should go to Blaine on www.portalparts.com, as my office is paying me to do this, and he is the original developer of this plugin and IMO should be praised for his work on Geeklog and Geeklog plugins.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Using Geeklog's Download class (system/classes/downloader.class.php) may save you some work ...

bye, Dirk

mthomas

Forum User
Probably would but in part this is learning experiance for me, if this is a better way people should use that method. That said this will be a interm change till I take alook at the downloader-uploader class

mthomas

Forum User
LINK NEW POST

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:24 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content