Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 07:34 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

phpBBBridge 0.75 released!

Turias

Forum User
The latest update to phpBBBridge has been released! This version enables support for phpBB 2.0.11 and Geeklog 1.3.10. It also fixes a couple of minor bugs.

Please read thoroughly through the enclosed read-me for important installation and upgrade information.

For now, you can download and test the new version at my demo site. Once Dirk gets a chance to approve the file, you will also be able to download it from Geeklog.net.

Thanks! And let me know if you run into any issues.

phpBB2

Anonymous
Thanks Turias!!! Its a deal - shaking hands

penguin

Forum User
I just updated to GeekLog 1.3.10 and phpBBBridge 0.75 and am having some problems.

When I try to access any of the admin links i get this error:
Text Formatted Code
Please ensure both the install/ and contrib/ directories are deleted

Both of these directories are deleted.

Turias

Forum User
You have to make sure that your Geeklog admin/install directory is deleted, too.

This is in the installation instructions in the readme. Razz

penguin

Forum User
Thanks

zipstart

Forum User
Chatty
...AND Gallery's install and contrib dirs if you have it installed...

Turias

Forum User
Quote by zipstart: ...AND Gallery's install and contrib dirs if you have it installed...

Heh, very true. In fact, if you have any "install" or "contrib" directories in your Geeklog webtree, there will be complaints.

I've already edited my local copy of the phpBB common.php so that it only checks for these directories when inside a phpBB page. This should fix the errors with the Geeklog admin/install directory and the Gallery contrib directory.

This fix will be in for the next version, but if for some reason you need it now, just change:

Text Formatted Code

if (file_exists('install') || file_exists('contrib'))
{
        message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, 'Please ensure both the install/ and contrib/ directories are deleted');
}

to

Text Formatted Code

if (!defined ('IN_GEEKLOG') && (file_exists('install') || file_exists('contrib')))
{
        message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, 'Please ensure both the install/ and contrib/ directories are deleted');
}

in the phpbb/common.php file.

Thanks!

Turias

Forum User
There was a minor cosmetic bug in 0.75 that caused new users to look like moderators in the Who's Online phpBB block until they updated their profile. So, I have updated to 0.76. The only changed file is geeklog/plugins/phpbbbridge/functions.inc. If you have installed 0.75, feel free to upgrade by simply replacing that one file from the new archive.

You can get 0.76 from my site now, or from Geeklog.net once it gets approved. Sorry for any inconvenience. Thanks!

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:34 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content