Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 02:07 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Gallery design?

Saleel

Forum User
I was running GL 1.3.8 for a while, but just decided to upgrade to 1.3.9. Everything seems to be working, except the gallery now doesn't look like the rest of the site (it did on my previous 1.3.8 installation).

My site:
http://www.saleel.com/

Gallery:
http://www.saleel.com/gallery

Any ideas?

Thanks.

eyecravedvd

Forum User
Try running the setup for gallery again and re-embed it. Who knoews. That may work.
Shane | www.EyeCraveDVD.com

digitalfiasco

Forum User
Chatty
I checked out your site and noticed that you are running an outdated version of Gallery (1.4.1). When you upgraded Geeklog from 1.3.8 to 1.3.9, it broke your Geeklog/Gallery integration. Upgrading to Gallery 1.4.4 will allow you to integrate with Geeklog out of the box.

Saleel

Forum User
Hi, thanks for the info. I just upgraded to 1.4.4, imbedded into geeklog, but still much the same result... Sad In fact, now it's not even including the header and footer (which it seemed to be with 1.4.1).

Saleel

Forum User
Anyone? Confused Any ideas?

I saw someone else had a similar problem here on the forums, but once fixed, he never replied how he fixed it Sad

doopisdotnet

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by Saleel: Anyone? Confused Any ideas?

I saw someone else had a similar problem here on the forums, but once fixed, he never replied how he fixed it Sad

i need the same fix - i up'd to 1.4.4 and up'd GL to 1.3.9 - went on a backup to GL1.3.8 but still no good - its all messed up

anyone got the fix for us??

digitalfiasco

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by Saleel: Anyone? Confused Any ideas?

The only thing I would suggest is either re-check your paths and double check other entries or email me your Gallery config.php to see what might be the problem. Also, let me know what directory and path you use for your public Geeklog. Are you running your own server or third party hosting?

One suggestion would be to make sure you renamed your old Gallery to Gallery2 and to extract the new Gallery in its current place. This way no files are mixed up in the proccess and then re-run your configuration wizard.

Saleel

Forum User
Finally got it to work!

Rather then uploading gallery over the current files, I deleted the old directory (apart from the albums folder) and reuploaded a fresh new copy.

Thanks for your help everyone, and hope that works for you too doopisdotnet.

Mike

Anonymous
Saleel,

How did you get Random Photo to work on your site?

Saleel

Forum User
Hmm, I didn't have to do any editing or anything - worked straight out the box really. Just downloaded off squatty.com, installed and voila...

doopisdotnet

Forum User
Chatty
digitalfiasco, what versions of GL and Gallery are you using? + what integration or did you code youself?

-Christian

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:07 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content