Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 06:54 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Future Stories Block?

mrb42

Forum User
Junior
Hey,

I have stories that are submitted that will publish in the future, has anyone done a "coming soon" block that lists future stories?

Euan

Forum User
If you saved them as drafts, at least with a title even if you haven't written the content yet, then you could easily create a block to list the draft stories.

If you need help, there should be all the code needed in public_html/stats.php.

Cheers,

Euan.
-- Heather Engineering
-- No job too small

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by euan: If you need help, there should be all the code needed in public_html/stats.php.

You'd have to reverse the logic in the SQL requests, though. Geeklog always excludes stories that have the draft flag set (or that have a publishing date in the future).

bye, Dirk

Euan

Forum User
Quote by Dirk:
You'd have to reverse the logic in the SQL requests, though. Geeklog always excludes stories that have the draft flag set (or that have a publishing date in the future).

bye, Dirk

I was thinking more of the draft stories block? Sorry if I'm wrong (I haven't checked), but I thought that was in there too?

Cheers,

Euan.
-- Heather Engineering
-- No job too small

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by euan: I was thinking more of the draft stories block? Sorry if I'm wrong (I haven't checked), but I thought that was in there too?

Right, forgot about that one. It's in admin/moderation.php, though.

bye, Dirk

Euan

Forum User
Quote by Dirk:
Right, forgot about that one. It's in admin/moderation.php, though.

bye, Dirk

Euan.
-- Heather Engineering
-- No job too small

MarkB

Anonymous
I'm looking more for a "teaser" block, that basicly just gives the article title and nothing more... kind of a "come back and see this soon!" kind of thing

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by MarkB: I'm looking more for a "teaser" block, that basicly just gives the article title and nothing more

Yeah, but such a block does not exist, so you'll have to write it yourself. The SQL requests you'll need to grab the draft stories (or the stories in the submission queue, if you want to display those) can be found in admin/moderation.php. You can safely ignore all the template-related code there ...

bye, Dirk

MarkB

Anonymous
Quote by Dirk:
Quote by MarkB: I'm looking more for a "teaser" block, that basicly just gives the article title and nothing more

Yeah, but such a block does not exist, so you'll have to write it yourself. The SQL requests you'll need to grab the draft stories (or the stories in the submission queue, if you want to display those) can be found in admin/moderation.php. You can safely ignore all the template-related code there ...

bye, Dirk

I assumed I'd have to write it myself, but I figured I'd ask first rather then reinvent the wheel.

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:54 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content