Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 06:47 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

segmentation fault

rocky7

Forum User
Hello
I have installed geeklog-1.3.9sr2 on my Redhat9 server running apache 2.0.4 , php 4.22 and mysql 3.23.54. All went well with the installation ....the site comes up and am able to browse a bit ...then it comes up with Page not found and I see:
child pid 28229 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
in my apache logs? I have other php/mysql scripts working fine ....guestbooks...forums ect... Any ideas on where to look?
Terry

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I don't see how Geeklog could crash your webserver. The actual problem may be somewhere else entirely ...

bye, Dirk

rocky7

Forum User
it doesn't crash the whole webserver ...just the display of the geeklog pages ...it must be how mysql and apache 2 is interacting with the geeklog php functions ....geeklog seems to be worth figuring it out....am gonna keep trying ...am not having any issue with a forum on the server....www.spirit-net.ca/united/forum ....

Remdotc

Forum User
Chatty
First off, why the old version of PHP? Sounds like you are running this on windows.

You really need to update your Apache, your PHP core files. While I am sure it 'can' run on those versions, dispite all the security issues with both apache and php (see apache.org and php.net for more details) you really are jipping yourself when it comes to performance.

If you are running a linux box, then if these are RPM (or other rpm based / canned installer) I suggest uninstalling them , then compiling your own webserver , there are a couple nice tools for the job, such as apachetoolbox (apachetoolbox.com) that can make your life easier.

etegration

Forum User
Quote by Remdotc: First off, why the old version of PHP? Sounds like you are running this on windows.

You really need to update your Apache, your PHP core files. While I am sure it 'can' run on those versions, dispite all the security issues with both apache and php (see apache.org and php.net for more details) you really are jipping yourself when it comes to performance.

If you are running a linux box, then if these are RPM (or other rpm based / canned installer) I suggest uninstalling them , then compiling your own webserver , there are a couple nice tools for the job, such as apachetoolbox (apachetoolbox.com) that can make your life easier.

He is running on Linux.

I have installed geeklog-1.3.9sr2 on my Redhat9 server running

http://www.etegration.com.sg
http://www.itcow.com
http://www.ministryofhosting.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:47 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content