Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 04:48 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

How to give forum.user feature to Logged-in users group

caltman

Forum User
Junior
On one of my geeklolg sites(1.3.9sr1) all of the content is restricted to registered members. I have the forum(2.3) plugin installed. If I set the forum to require registration to view and post to the forum, logged in users do not see the forum link in the menu or the forum preferences link in the user menu because that group does not have forum.user rights.

I know that I can add individual users the the Forum Users group and they will then be able to see the appropriate links, but I would like to give forum.user rights to the logged-in users group be default.

Is this possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...even one of these

As a work around, I hacked the get_menu_items functions in the functions.inc file to check for a $_USERS[uid] greater than or equal to 1 in order to determine if a user is logged on. It works, but I don't know if that is a legitimate security check or not.

Thank you,
Carter

Blaine

Forum User
Quote by caltman: I know that I can add individual users the the Forum Users group and they will then be able to see the appropriate links, but I would like to give forum.user rights to the logged-in users group be default.

Is this possible?
Yes it is but only with the Group Access Tool that I developed for this purpose. You can download it from my site www.portalparts here and it's also availble on this site in the downloads.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

caltman

Forum User
Junior
That worked like a charm. Thank you very much.

Carter

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:48 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content