Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 05:08 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Can I Allow Users to Include Images in Story Contributions?

linebrake

Forum User
curious
The title says it all.

I guess, in general, is there a way to add admin-level story submission features to other users' capabilities wthout making them Story Admins?

If so, how, and to what level of granularity is this kind of capability tweaking possible?

Thanks in advance!

<br>

zipstart

Forum User
Chatty
Out of the box I believe users can contribute 5 images per article. You can change that in config.php...

You can give users more HTML ability if you wish...again in config.php. The limitations are there for a reason, tho. GL isn't as secure as it is by mistake.

linebrake

Forum User
confused
Thanks for the response.

Out of my box (1.3.9sr1) regular users can only contribute a Title, Topic, Story text, and Post Mode. I need to be logged in as a Story Admin to be able to upload any images at all.

I'm not interested in giving any more HTML ability, I don't think that will be useful for our intended users. I just want them to be able to browse for, upload, and include images in their stories. Right now those options aren't include in the story submission form.

There might be a way to hack the code to do that, which I might look into, but I was wondering if there is a way to open up just this feature through the configuration. I don't see anything in config.php that covers this.

Thanks.

<br>

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by linebrake: I don't see anything in config.php that covers this.

It's simply not supported at the moment.

bye, Dirk

zipstart

Forum User
Chatty
Ack. I never realized users can't submit pics...whoops. Pays to login NOT as an admin ever once in a while...

ScurvyDawg

Forum User
I have asked that if users want to submit and image with their story that they email it to me for review and addition.

Works great.

linebrake

Forum User
okay
Quote by ScurvyDawg: I have asked that if users want to submit and image with their story that they email it to me for review and addition.

Works great.

That's what we ended up doing. Thanks everyone for the responses.

<br>

machinari

Forum User
over at squatty.com there are a couple of downloads in the hacks section that may be of interest to you. the one I use (and have modified quite a bit) allows a user to submit graphics, etc. via a form and the form notifies me when an upload has been made. the form allows for a file, description/instructions, and a screenshot if necessary to be uploaded.

this is not the same as the filemanagement plugin... It only uploads and notifies. Then you moderate and do what you want with it.

it is called simple uploads

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:08 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content