Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 03:04 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Forum Upgraded on Geeklog.net to version 2.3.2

Blaine

Forum User
We have just updated the geeklog.net site to use the Forum Plugin Version 2.3.2.

Please report any problems in this thread in case we missed anything or you see a theme template file that needs to be tweaked.

I've add support for one new feature not in the version 2.3.2 release for testing on this site - and that would be support for Autotags. This is an example:

This forum update was announced in this story here

If you want to try it yourself. Edit your createtopic.php and look for the 3 places I prepare $comment to be saved (new topic, reply and editing topic). Add the call to the new 1.3.10 Plugin API PLG_replacetags as in:
Text Formatted Code

$comment = PLG_replacetags($comment);
    $comment = gf_preparefordb($comment,$postmode);

Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

elect

Forum User
Chatty
Your forum upgrade made it impossible for me to post under my normal username ("ep") so I had to re-register.

Blaine

Forum User
Yep, the upgrade would have replaced the config file where that is changed from the default. I will change that to allow 2 char names.

elect

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by Blaine: Yep, the upgrade would have replaced the config file where that is changed from the default. I will change that to allow 2 char names.

Which config file and what in the file do you need to change? I ask because on my site I run as the admin using a two letter name... so I can't submit anything on my forums... I need to make the same change you are going to make. Wink

Blaine

Forum User
There are some misc config settings for the forum in the public/forum/include/config.php

Set $minUsernameLength = 1; - default is 2

elect

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by Blaine: There are some misc config settings for the forum in the public/forum/include/config.php

Set $minUsernameLength = 1; - default is 2

Excellent. Thanks Blaine, I'm all fixed now.

Question... if the value is defaulted that "2" is the minimum username for posting - why do we have to set it to "1" to allow a 2 letter name to post? Is that just some weird web-logic I don't understand?

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:04 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content