Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 08:18 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

php.ini on OSX

Kelley

Anonymous
confused
Hello everyone,

I am trying to install geeklog for the first time and seem to ran into a little problem.

When I run the install.php it tells me the php.ini is wrong.

Warning: You have register_globals = Off in your php.ini. However, Geeklog requires register_globals to be on. Before you continue, please set it to on and restart your web server.

I am using php5 and changed the file to read
;
register_globals = On [Security, Performance]
;

Restarted the web server and rebooted the computer, but I still get the error and can not contenue with the install.

Anyone know how to fix this??

Thanks

Kelley

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Make sure the php.ini is in the directory where PHP expects it (use admin/install/info.php to find out where it expects it).

Also, this:

register_globals = On [Security, Performance]

looks odd. Remove the "[Security, Performance]".

bye, Dirk

Primal

Forum User
Well I have the same problem...I edit the php.ini, putting register_globals = On killed the part that was behind it, restarted httpd, but register_globals still of when I check phpinfo()

I read somewhere in the forums here that if you can't enable the register_globals that you should add it to .htaccess, but why is that??
I'm thr root user of my mac, I can see the change when opening the php.ini, but it doesn't take it..although in phpinfo() path to php.ini =/usr/local/php5/lib/php.ini and that's the file I edited

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:18 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content