Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 04:49 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Geeklog/Gallery Malfunctioning... help!

jbpaul17

Forum User
Chatty
indescribable
My site (http://www.jeffandcrystal.com) has been up and functioning for a month or two now and I've been more than happy with Geeklog.

However, I noticed today that all of a sudden none of the gallery-hosted images are displaying on my site. I checked the error log on my site and see entries like the following:
[Tue Oct 12 21:58:39 2004] [error] [client 66.108.181.158] File does not exist: /home/jeffand/public_html/500.shtml
[Tue Oct 12 21:58:39 2004] [alert] [client 66.108.181.158] /home/jeffand/public_html/gallery/.htaccess: Invalid command 'php_value', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

Do you suppose that there's something wrong with the .htaccess file? What SHOULD it look like? Could the problem be cause by something else?

Any information that can be provided would be greatly appreciated!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by jbpaul17: /home/jeffand/public_html/gallery/.htaccess: Invalid command 'php_value', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

If this worked before and you're sure you didn't change anything, then it may be that your hosting service changed something in their webserver configuration. Try asking them.

bye, Dirk

jbpaul17

Forum User
Chatty
determined
Thanks for the advice Dirk, my hosting service was able to fix some problem and I now am able to successfully view Gallery items.

HOWEVER, now I seem to lose my login when I enter the Gallery portion of my site. Does anyone have an idea why this might happen now after it working fine for months?

jbpaul17

Forum User
Chatty
groggy
I've noticed recently that whenever I log into Gallery as an admin I get automatically redirected to the Gallery homepage and am logged out. When I log into Gallery as a normal user I get let in just fine.

Does anyone know why this might occur?

Is there a Geeklog Admin group for Gallery? I don't seem to see one on my site.

Any thoughts?

jonc

Forum User
Chatty
gallery doesn't use the database, so there are no groups or permission settings inside geeklog that will help you.

Gallery's own forum would be the best place to look, but they are not as quick to help as the good folks here at GL

have a look at this here to see some of what others go through (it might give you some places to start.

quick thought, have you tried re-running the setup script again for gallery? It might show you what is wrong.

geKow

Forum User
Have you tried it without a safemode entry in .htaccess?

geKow

jbpaul17

Forum User
Chatty
geKow... How do I try it without a safemode entry in .htaccess?

jbpaul17

Forum User
Chatty
I've re-run the Gallery setup script and only get some minor warnings, no errors. I'm on Gallery 1.4.4 and Geeklog 1.3.9sr1; this wouldn't be causing the problem I assume.

Any other thoughts?

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:49 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content