Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 12:39 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Tabbed browsing problem

john c. welch

Anonymous
So I'm seeing a problem with geeklog forums at the Your Mac Life site.

If you cmd-click on a forum link, to open it in a new tab, then it also opens that link in the current tab. This is reproducible in Safari, Mozilla and FireFox on my machine.

Is this just an architectural issue or a config issue?

If this is a solved problem, i apologize for the repost then, but searching on tabs and Safari didn't turn anything up.

john

rjrufo

Forum User
Regular Poster
Quote by john c. welch: So I'm seeing a problem with geeklog forums at the Your Mac Life site.

If you cmd-click on a forum link, to open it in a new tab, then it also opens that link in the current tab. This is reproducible in Safari, Mozilla and FireFox on my machine.

Is this just an architectural issue or a config issue?

If this is a solved problem, i apologize for the repost then, but searching on tabs and Safari didn't turn anything up.

john

Interesting, I tried it on my GL installation, and it does the same thing. The forums on this site also do it. It seems to be just the forums though, since I can't seem to reproduce it anywhere else.

machinari

Forum User
it probably has something to do with the "onclick" that is applied to those links. it will respond whether it is cmd-click or click unless your browser is setup to respond other than default.

rjrufo

Forum User
Regular Poster
I'm going to look into it this week. It has to be coded into the forums because I've been to several other GL sites, and they all do the same thing. I've been studying the code for a few days to try to grasp how it's all put together. It seems so foreign to what I'm used to, so maybe I'll find something.

Maybe someone here knows more about it that can give a direction to go in?

JohnVanVliet

Forum User
i checked the links on my site with mozilla ( my defoult brosser) and the tabs worked fine .

rjrufo

Forum User
Regular Poster
I've tried it with Safari, FireFox and Camino, all show the same problem.

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:39 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content