Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 05:21 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

How do I turn off CENSORING?

Schtonk

Forum User
Junior
I've tried setting the censorship value to 0 (zero) in the config, common-lib and it still censors words.

I would like to be able to allow my articles and comments to contain those magic words.....

Independent Media Magazine

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Schtonk: I've tried setting the censorship value to 0 (zero) in the config, common-lib and it still censors words.

Then you've done something wrong (forgot to upload the config.php or uploaded it into the wrong directory ...).

bye, Dirk

webmaster

Anonymous
yeah same here and yes i do have my files uploaded to the correct directory also.

machinari

Forum User
keep in mind that once a word has been censored, it does not revert back to its original state after censorship is turned off. once censored, always censored. you will have to edit those words if you want them back, and assuming you've turned off censhorship, they will then appear in normally.

if that was the issue, hope that helps

Webmaster

Anonymous
What part of the script handles the censoring? where can I see that code. Is there some kind of word list in the script I can edit?

Webmaster

Anonymous
Quote by machinari: keep in mind that once a word has been censored, it does not revert back to its original state after censorship is turned off. once censored, always censored. you will have to edit those words if you want them back, and assuming you've turned off censhorship, they will then appear in normally.

if that was the issue, hope that helps

Actually I ended up editing the config.php file and removed the badwords. Thanks man It's fixed up now.

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:21 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content