Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 12:40 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

I need some URGENT help

stander

Anonymous
Hi there everyone!

First of, thanks for this great managment util. I have used a lot of similiar templates and yours must be the best by far. As a real new comer to the wonderful world of PHP I find myself in a big delimia. My site must be done before the end of this week and so far all is good except for the following. Please do mind if I ask dumb questions, but do note that I cannot find the answers elsewhere, so here is goes.

1. Dumb Question - How do I change my logo I really dont know, I have looked everywhere but cannot find the place where I can use my own image as a logo.

2. How can I change the entire sites layout, meaning I got to a place where I can change the sites colours and theme but It only change when I log on. I want to change the entire sites theme so that when a stranger log's on it displays the changes.

3. How can I make new links for people to visit on the main page like my forum? I want people to be able to visit my forum without first having to log on, and set it as a link on the main page.

4. Ok, heres a tough one, and I dont think you will be able to help here. How can I make the people who register on the site get more info from them. So far its only username and password, but I want to ask them a little more. How do I change that? ASwell heres the tough 1. My site is about a CSGL (Counter-Strike Gamers League) now I want people to register on the site to enter for the competition. Can I do it or must I make a seperate php page. If however I can, can I also make it that the database display the current registrations on another page?

Im sorry for all the dumb questions, but I really dont know. Thank you very much. Its a gr8 consept and I will definately be using it in the future.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by stander: 1. Dumb Question - How do I change my logo

That depends on the theme. Open the theme's header.thtml file and see where it gets it from.

Quote by stander: 2. How can I change the entire sites layout

Not sure if I understand your question, but start here, then see this.

Quote by stander: 3. How can I make new links for people to visit on the main page like my forum?

See here or create a new block with the link in it.

Quote by stander: How can I make the people who register on the site get more info from them.

Write a custom registration form.

Quote by stander: Im sorry for all the dumb questions, but I really dont know.

Well, if it's really so urgent, you could have had most of your answers much faster by checking the FAQ or using the search ...

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:40 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content