Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 05:11 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Installation issues (can't log in)

dough

Forum User
OK, a couple of things.

I'm trying to create multiple blogs for several different groups of people, and while I could create the first blog just dandy, subsequent blogs have been... not so good.

The second installation took several tries, and since PHP error reporting is disabled on our site, I'm not terribly sure what the problem is.

Now I've got a second installation up in a subfolder of the previous installation, and it's not working all that great. I can't log into either site now. Cookies aren't being set.

I tried looking at this FAQ but it's not all that helpful.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Are you installing multiple Geeklog sites under the same domain name? If so, you should set $_CONF['cookiedomain'] for each of them, e.g. '.subsite1.example.com', '.subsite2.example.com', etc.

bye, Dirk

OK, making progress...

Anonymous
OK, I think I've got that taken care of.

But now this is interesting. I log in, and while it recognizes when I have a bad password, it still won't display anything other than the login screen. New users will get created in the table, so that part works, but everything else does not.

The site in question is at
http://web.pdx.edu/~blog/

dough

Forum User
Sorry, that was me there in the last one.

As usual, I think there was some malformed line in either config.php or lib-common.php that was giving me issues.

Funny how those two files are the source of so much trauma. Would it be a good idea to cut out the user-configured bits into a couple of tiny files that can be modified without horking the whole works?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by dough: Would it be a good idea to cut out the user-configured bits into a couple of tiny files that can be modified without horking the whole works?

That would only multiply the problem ...

Some editors just don't play nice or try to be clever and add empty lines at the end or quotes or even HTML tags that they think are "missing". The more fancy the software, the more likely it is to break something.

That's why I stick with vi

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:11 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content