Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 04:47 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

PHP5 Errors

computerade

Forum User
Chatty
When on my website you get the following errors at the top of the page:

Text Formatted Code
Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/account/public_html/system/lib-plugins.php on line 199

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/account/public_html/system/lib-plugins.php on line 199

What is this referring to, and what can I do to get rid of it ?

Thanks in advance.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Have you applied this fix yet?

bye, Dirk

computerade

Forum User
Chatty
Yes Sir

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by computerade: What is this referring to, and what can I do to get rid of it ?

Hmm, not sure if that's a bug in Geeklog or in one of the plugins you have installed ...

Geeklog is calling a plugin function called plugin_getmenuitems_plugin for every plugin. This function is supposed to return an array, but it seems one of your plugins is returning something else instead.

Line 199 in your lib-plugins.php (as per the error message you're getting) is this:
Text Formatted Code
$menu = array_merge($menu,$menuitems);

Change that to read
Text Formatted Code
if (is_array ($menuitems)) {
    $menu = array_merge($menu,$menuitems);
}

and see if that helps.

Which plugins do you have installed?

bye, Dirk

computerade

Forum User
Chatty
Why thank you Dirk, like always you come through .

Your fix worked perfectly.

bye, Kelly

kirkmc

Anonymous
I'm getting this same error just after my ISP updated MySQL to version 5.0. I've tried the fix mentioned here, but it breaks something even more. I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/sites/www.site.com/gl139config/system/lib-plugins.php on line 200

Any thoughts what's breaking in the MySQL update? The only plugins I have are static pages and SpamX. This is GL 1.3.9.

And please don't tell me to upgrade if the version of GL is not a problem; the upgrade poses too many problems for me...

Kirk

kirkmc

Forum User
Follow-up.

I tried again changing the code you mentioned, and now I don't get the error. But my plug-ins don't work any more. When I access SpamX from the admin page, I see its options, but clicking on them does nothing. And I have no way to access the Static Pages config any more...

Also, SpamX shows twice in the admin dashboard.

Kirk
Read my blog: Kirkville -- http://www.mcelhearn.com
Musings, Opinion and Miscellanea, on Macs, iPods and more

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: kirkmc

And please don't tell me to upgrade if the version of GL is not a problem; the upgrade poses too many problems for me...

Are those problems bigger than the ones you may get by running a version that has known security issues? Your decision ...

PHP and MySQL are moving targets - sometimes, we have to adapt Geeklog to work with their latest versions. And at some point, we just have to stop supporting old versions (1.39 is over 4 years old, for example) and ask you to upgrade instead.

Sorry.

bye, Dirk

kirkmc

Forum User
The upgrades break my theme. While four years ago I was able to spend the time adapting a theme, I simply don't have the time today to figure out what I need to do to make it compatible with the latest version. Is there any documentation that can tell me what differences there are?

Kirk
Read my blog: Kirkville -- http://www.mcelhearn.com
Musings, Opinion and Miscellanea, on Macs, iPods and more

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: kirkmc

Is there any documentation that can tell me what differences there are?

Yes.

However, the changes since 1.3.9 were so many that I'd rather start over fresh from the Professional or another 1.5.0-compatible theme. That would give you the added bonus of a HTML 4.01 Strict compatible theme, based mostly on CSS instead of tables.

That's one of the reasons we stuck with Professional for 1.5.0 - we think it's relatively easy to derive your own theme from it now.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:47 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content