Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 16 2024 @ 06:06 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Compile Apache PHP MySQL on Fedora

demonbrew

Forum User
Anyone know of a good url / tutorial for compiling / installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL on a RH Fedora Core2 box for a Geeklog install? I have my own server and want to make sure I compile everything with the correct config.

tomw

Forum User
No trick, just use standard distribution and it works great. Use apt to keep it up to date.

demonbrew

Forum User
Distro comes with Apache 2. I'd rather use Apache 1.3.x instead.

ByteEnable

Forum User
I use Fedora Core 1. However, I use the updates from Fedora Core 2. Security updates are patched on Apache 2. So if you use Apache 1.3, you will have to compile your own Apache from apache.org, which is very time consuming. If you must have Apache 1.3, I would look around for a distro that is actively supporting it.

My site:

http://www.linuxelectrons.com

Byte

Marites

Forum User
Chatty
A very simple installation of Apache, PHP and MySQL for Linux and Windows you can try ApacheFriends this installs the complete package.This is great for anyone who is not sure of all the install procedure.

This works well with Fedora butuninstall the Apache installs or otherwise stop it working.

A similar suite for Windows only can be found at Aeonserv that has the advantage of installing Geelklog as well.

Tess

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:06 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content