Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 10:28 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

phpbbbridge installed fine but now geeklog mess

bonechair@starmail.co.za

Anonymous
HI

I installed phpbb and integrated with geeklog fine, but now when I login and click anywhere on the admin panel in geeklog I get a phpbb page saying "Please ensure both the install/ and contrib/ directories are deleted "
They are deleted and its not supposed to call phpb
I have no Idea where to look please help

Thanks
Louis

Turias

Forum User
The phpBB code is called from every Geeklog page. This is done to make sure the phpBB sessions stay alive and in-sync.

Did you ever have phpBB fully working before installing the plugin? If so, you should have seen this message when you tried to login with your root user.

You are getting this message because there exists either an install or contrib directory in the same folder as your phpBB common.php file. Make sure that you delete those after you have fully installed phpBB.

bonechair@starmail.co.za

Anonymous
Yes phpbb was working fine before and those directories are deleted.. php is also working fine in geeklog itself.. ITs just when I want todo Admin or a few other things when I get this page.

Turias

Forum User
I bet it's picking up the install directory in Geeklog's public_html/admin folder. If that still exists, delete it; you no longer need it.

If this is indeed what is happening, I can put this in the readme for future versions.

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:28 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content