Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 01:32 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Building DB Tables at Install

OverSpeed

Anonymous
hopeful
Documentation says to run the script at http://yourgeeklogsite/admin/install/install.php in order to 'build database tables.' I'm simply trying to call this page up in my browser, and get a "Page Not Available" return. I'm sure that I'm doing something stupid. Can anyone help me? Thanks!!!

johnnyk

Forum User
Make sure all of the paths are exactly correct in you config.php and li-common.

Make sure you are not just cutting and pasting
http://yourgeeklogsite/admin/install/install.php! This may sound obvious but I have seen it before

OverSpeed

Anonymous
Here's what I'm getting when I called up the check.php script:

Warning: main(../../lib-common.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/O/v/e/Overspeed/html/geeklog/public_html/admin/check.php on line 41

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '../../lib-common.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/O/v/e/Overspeed/html/geeklog/public_html/admin/check.php on line 41

I installed the Geeklog files via a application manager at my host GoDaddy. The config.php and lib-commom.php files were automatically set with the following paths:

Config.php:
/home/content/O/v/e/Overspeed/html/geeklog/

Lib-common.php:
/home/content/O/v/e/Overspeed/html/geeklog/config.php

Any thoughts or telltale signs? Thanks!!!

OverSpeed

Anonymous
My host GoDaddy tells me that the paths in Config.php and Lib-common.php are correct.

One thing I noticed was when I downloaded GL from Geeklog.net onto my PC, the 'admin' folder in 'public_html' had an 'install' folder with check.php and install.php in it. It also had addindex, configinfo, info, and success.

In the copy of GL installed by GoDaddy through their Application Manager, the 'admin' folder in 'public_html' does not have an 'install' folder. I copied config.php and install.php into the 'admin' folder. This copy still does not have addindex, configinfo, info, or success in it.

Am I in trouble here? Thanks!!!

OverSpeed

Anonymous
This has been solved, thanks!

dtrumbower

Anonymous

Godaddy might have the admin direcorty for there stuff. See if there is another admin directory.

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:32 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content