Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 10:24 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Web Site Down on Account of Weather Plugin

Mandy

Anonymous
Won't go back on now. That Weather is no good. I'm losing money now on that site being down. No Support at all here. That Dirk was wrong. It didn't work at all. I don't think nothing will now. I'm giving up all hope on Geeklog now. There's no way get it going again. I even tryed to put in a fresh copy. No work. I just don't care now i'm losing money on this Dumb geeklog programs.

Mandy

Anonymous
I just called a Attoney and the Attoney said you guys have to fix it or be sued.

Kind & Gentle

Anonymous
The solution to your problem is quite simple. I use the weather plugin and am quite knowledgable of it. I was going to help you until I read that last post. Now I hope no one helps you at all until you grovel to the entire community.

You have no legal legs here. Not one.

Euan

Forum User
naughty
Quote by Mandy: I just called a Attoney and the Attoney said you guys have to fix it or be sued.

I see. Maybe if you posted the usernames and passwords for access to your HTTP and MySQL servers here, some kind soul would help you out.

This is not legal advice, I'm a psychologist by training.

Cheers,

Euan.
-- Heather Engineering
-- No job too small

Mandy

Anonymous
I got a Case on this now. Could go to Millions. Dave Weis wrote back and I have them now. Told the Attoney about it. They going to do the paper work on Monday.

Attorney At Large

Anonymous
Quote by Mandy: I got a Case on this now. Could go to Millions. Dave Weis wrote back and I have them now. Told the Attoney about it. They going to do the paper work on Monday.

comicbookguy

Forum User
Regular Poster

Hey...maybe I should too...yeah it's all so simple. I'll sue you all!

MarkTheBozo

Anonymous
angry
Your such a *censored*ing idiot. If it doesnt work, it's your own *censored*ing fault. You can sue anyone. Im only 16 and i even know that you dumb *censored*.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Mandy: I just called a Attoney and the Attoney said you guys have to fix it or be sued.

Yeah, sure ...

Maybe you should read the license again that is included in each and every file:
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.

Sorry to hear you had such a hard time with Geeklog, but your behaviour here is childish, to say the least.

bye, Dirk

Robin

Forum User
caffeinated
Quote by Dirk:
Maybe you should read the license again that is included in each and every file:

Not to mention the readme attached that says:

Step 0

Make a backup of the geeklog database using the built-in admin feature.

Make a backup of your /public_html directory.

These steps are highly recommended!

PS
'Oh Mandy..' take a day off, relax with Barry M. and remember alwaysbackup
Geeklog Polish Support Team

ScurvyDawg

Forum User
If your losing so much money that you can pay a lawyer why not hire someone who knows what they are doing.

This is the dumbest thread I think I have ever seen on geeklog.net.

comicbookguy

Forum User
Regular Poster
Well I don't know if it's the dumbest thread...but it's definitely up there. It's the bad grammar that really ticks me off. If you’re going to threaten to engage legal counsel you should at least be able to do so in a grammatically correct manner.

I think I will submit a feature request for a grammar check. I just hate dangling participles, and don't even get me started on poor punctuation. Now that's dumb.

you know now that I think of it this is the dumbest geeklog thread ever.

squatty

Forum User
Quote by ScurvyDawg: If your losing so much money that you can pay a lawyer why not hire someone who knows what they are doing.

This is the dumbest thread I think I have ever seen on geeklog.net.

Better yet...why don't you pay a developer to fix your problem ;-)

I second...this is the worst thread ever!!
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

jeffhare

Forum User
Junior
But it sure has been amusing to read. What? No backup? The problem is firmly rooted between the seat and the keyboard. Geeklog Rocks. (Oh, and I've been using that fine weather plugin for nearly a year without any trouble.

Stupid people make my palms itch.

JohnVanVliet

Forum User
I think I will submit a feature request for a grammar check. I just hate dangling participles, and don't even get me started on poor punctuation. Now that's dumb.

well i am a very bad speller ,so don't mind me
however i think that this is just someone having fun

i allso hate Anonymous: users posts ( like mandy) .
however if someone is having a problem i will help if i can , but not if there aditude is like hers

Marcus Green

Anonymous
Attoneys can be quite scary things, e.g. a TToney Bennet the singer, A TToney Soprano the well known legitimate business man, and of course A Tonal music.

(stupid snicker)

samstone

Forum User
LOL just can't stop laughing.

Mandy, you don't need an attorney, you just need a shrink. He would fix the site for you. Serious!

This forum has being a little boring lately. Thanks for making it lively.

Sam

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
Mandy, FWIW, you are wasting your time talking to Dave Weis. Dave is in no way affiliated with Geeklog. I use him for hosting services and even with that said, he doesn't host this site, Pair does (http://www.pair.com).

Also, I'd recommend that none of the Geeklog developers bother posting anything publicly here or in the mailing lists from here on. Not point fanning the fire (even though she doesn't have legal legs to stand on).

--Tony
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:24 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content