Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 09:55 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

new values not saving in custom registration

ptp

Forum User
I know this has probably been mentioned somewhere, but Ive looked for a couple hours and I cant find it, and I'm new at php so Im having a little trouble figuring out the problem. Ive been reading up on custom registration, specifically trying to add new user fields in the user info section. Ive gotten the new fields to appear whenever you look at the bio, but whenever you go into user information and edit and save, i cant get the information in the new boxes to save.

Im trying to add (to start off with) a screenname field, and i created a new line in the "users" table inder the database and named it screenname.

Ive tried to add some little pieces of code here and there in the usersettings.php file and a couple others, but I think Im just putting it in the wrong place or not coding right (im just copying and pasting and changing some values, Im not sure if Im doing it right). Can someone lay out specifically what code i need to add and where I need to add it. It would help a ton. Thanks.

Blaine

Forum User
Have you looked at the custom functions in the system/lib-custom.php file?

There should be no reason to modify code in the users or usersettings.php files.

I have included example code and example that can and probally should first be used to see the way it works.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

ptp

Forum User
yeah, i looked at the code, but i dont see what to add.
I moved the template file over to the Xsilver folder, but I dont see how that comes into play.

You say I dont have to edit anything outside of the lib custom, but I dont see what to change.

Honestly, Im just php retarded, and I dont quite see the structure of the pages and the way they work together.

I dont think Ill be able to do this unless someone just lays it out very clearly step by step (and something tells me it would help other retarded kids like me too).

Ill keep messing, but absolutely nothing is happening.

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:55 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content