Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 08:53 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Plugin NOT Installed?

tokyoahead

Anonymous
Hi,

I am currently developing a new plugin, and I have the small problem that although the plugin installs fine and works, the installation script first tells me

Installation Successful

The Plugin is Not Installed

So Successful or not ? Installed or Not? As I said, the plugin works. What is this coming from? I will post the beta of the plugin here soon, but I was wondering if ny of you can tell me how that could be without seeing the code of the plugin yet.

Blaine

Forum User
Well assuming you are using the templated script for the Plugin Install. Both messages are coming from your install.php.

The first one is at the end of the function plugin_install_myplugin()

This function returns a true at the end if it really did get to the end. It returns a false if any of your install steps fails.

The logic should be easy to follow - but I don't know what script or plugin you used as your template for the install.php.

Insert some debug statements to trace it's execution and check the error.log file to see the trace of the steps - assuming the code is there to output the trace.

Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

tokyoahead

Anonymous
I am using the universalplugin_1.0_1.3.7.tar.gz package.
The strange thing is that the logfile also states that

Succesfully installed the cfg_editor Plugin!

I followed the script to the end, and it does not interrupt since all the messages set there for checking the process are correctly listed in the error.log. Only success-msg however.

Is it normal at all that the plugin posts to the error.log even if there is no error?

Blaine

Forum User
Yes it's normal - the code is there to show the install progress and logs to the error.log.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:53 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content