Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 02:10 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Review/Rating plugin

Rick Measham

Anonymous
curious
I'm new to geeklog, but there's something not available (as far as I can see) that I'd like to implement. On any given story I'd like to be able to include text like: [rate:********__] which will output and preview something like:

[Score: 8 out of 10]

(The images won't be smileys, but that's the easiest way to show it here. There'd be two images, one 'on' and one 'off')

The reason for my post is: Is there a 'best practise' for output filters? The input won't be filtered so that it remains easily editable, just the output.

tokyoahead

Anonymous
Sounds interresting, but who will vote? Sounds like the Author? I guess the reader should... But there would be the need to have a link like "Rate this" next to the "Read more"... is it possible for a plugin to add something into the template at this point at all without hacking the story.php? I guess not from what I know so far..

In general it might be nice to have the whole [image]-packet redone as a more flexible plugin.

I know this sounds strange but how about a general feature that allows to plug in/out several replacement-tools to be added to feature several different bbcode/wikiML etc etc for geeklog 2?

Rick Measham

Anonymous
Sorry, I explained that a bit wrong. It's the author that's using it (although there really should be no problem with including the ability in comments)

There's no agregation at all, it's just an output filter on each separate post.

I want to use it on a reviews site where I review movies, books and restaurants. It's not a rating of the post but of the subject of the post.

comicbookguy

Forum User
Regular Poster
There is a ratings hack available for geeklog. It is called the GeeklogWorks.com Rating System.

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:10 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content