juice

Forum User
I'm currently running the most recent Geeklog with the latest forum install from portalparts..

For some reason on the main page listing all of the categories and forums.. I do not get the "posted by" to appear. It lists ths topic .. the time entered.. by no post by.. I thought this was just because of my layout but I noticed that its not working on either of my sites.

Has anyone seen this?

If you need to see it in action please reply and i'll post my url..

thanks
-tom

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Do you have $_CONF['contributedbyline'] set to 0 (instead of 1) in your config.php?

bye, Dirk

juice

Forum User
not sure.. i can't get to the server from work.. but I will check that when I get home..

Is this set to 0 by default? I have not modified any of the forum code.

Thanks for such a quick reply..

-tom

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by juice: Is this set to 0 by default?

No, it's set to 1.

Quote by juice: I have not modified any of the forum code.

It's one of Geeklog's settings, actually. Not sure if the forum even uses it.

I may have misunderstood your question, though. Were you talking about the forum only or does the author name also not show up in Geeklog's stories and comments?

bye, Dirk

juice

Forum User
probably easier if you see it..

http://www.dizzeerascal.com/ and click on forum on the left

notice that "posted by: " does not list a name of the topic poster.. but all of the other info is there..

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Okay, so it's only in the forums (forget what I said above ...).

Since the author is listed in other places (e.g. in the forum block on the right side as well as in the actual posts), I'd say it's a problem with the forum template files. You may have accidentally changed a variable in one of the templates. Not sure which one, though ...

bye, Dirk

juice

Forum User
not likely.. but at least I know where to fix it now.. the forum install for both sites was straight out of the box.. i modified the css on the dizzeerascal site.. but my other site is vanilla.. i'll dig into it tonight and see what the deal is and post what the fix is.. i just needed to know where to look i guess..

thanks
-tom

Robin

Forum User
Quote by juice:Has anyone seen this?

As a matter of fact I have Have a look at this thread where Blaine posted a quick fix for that.

Geeklog Polish Support Team