Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 11:45 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Linking the headline and showing them

tAng

Forum User
Is there a way to link the headline to the show more link? I wanted users to click on the story headline, or click read more to be able to see the full page story if at all possible.

Also is there a way to pull current headlines in a block? I am looking to pull the last 10 headlines, but not ones that have already been archived.

Thanks!

eyecravedvd

Forum User
There are a couple of ways of doing it.

In the story templates (storytext.thtml & featuredstorytext.thtml) do the following.

Version 1.3.9
Text Formatted Code
<a href="{article_url}">{story_title}</a>

Version 1.3.8sr4 or older
Text Formatted Code
<a href="{site_url}/article.php?story={story_id}">{story_title}</a>

Hope that helps.

Shane | www.EyeCraveDVD.com

tAng

Forum User
Got that to work thanks!

Next thing would have to be how can I allow geeklog to accept any HTML entered rather then update the config file with every line of code?

I am trying to add javascript inside an article and can not get it to accept the variables. Is there a shortcut on this?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by tAng: Next thing would have to be how can I allow geeklog to accept any HTML entered rather then update the config file with every line of code?

You can't and, believe me, you don't want to do that ...

Quote by tAng: I am trying to add javascript inside an article and can not get it to accept the variables. Is there a shortcut on this?

Adding the script tag as well as the proper attributes (type and language) should be enough, I would think.

There have been, however, reports which seem to indicate that the kses filter we're using may sometimes filter out JavaScript code nonetheless.

Does the JavaScript really have to be (all) in the story's text? Could you not put it somewhere else where it doesn't have to go through the filter, e.g. in the header.thtml?

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:45 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content