Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 09:22 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

FYI: Solving the infamous "Unknown function: com_applyfilter" error

apthorpe

Anonymous
determined
Months ago I updated GL 1.3.9 to 1.3.9-sr1; I started seeing the following when trying to update RSS feeds:

Text Formatted Code
Fatal error: Unknown function: com_applyfilter() in /usr/local/httpd/vhosts/www.austinimprov.com/html/lib-common.php on line 349

The standard answer for this problem is to check that lib-common.php is properly updated everywhere. I found some old versions, copied the new versions in, and got rid of any stray ones still lingering around. I restarted Apache - no change.

Then I remembered that I installed php_accelerator a while back, so I shut down Apache again, whacked all the php_accelerator cache files, and brought Apache back up - success!!!

So if you're having trouble after updating, or you've fixed a problem but the changes don't seem to be propagating, see if you're running a PHP accelerator and flush its cache.

machinari

Forum User
Quote by apthorpe:The standard answer for this problem is to check that lib-common.php is properly updated everywhere. I found some old versions...

correct me if i'm out of place, but how many copies of lib-common.php do you have on your site and why more than one? I have only one copy and when I updated, it was replaced.

apthorpe

Anonymous

correct me if i'm out of place, but how many copies of lib-common.php do you have on your site and why more than one? I have only one copy and when I updated, it was replaced.

Three. With the 1.3.9 distribution, there's one in the distribution, one in the public_html directory that's copied under the docroot (rather than being aliased), and one from the 1.3.9-sr1 update (unnecessary to keep after upgrade.) The others that were eventually tarred up and deleted were from the 1.3.8 installation plus the sr2 update, plus a scattering from moving the old installation around.

Minimally, if you copy the public_html directory under the docroot and keep the remaining files (config.php, etc.) under the dist directory outside the docroot, you'll have two.

Regardless, once I made all the versions consistent, Geeklog didn't behave until I flushed the accelerator cache.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by apthorpe: Three. With the 1.3.9 distribution, there's one in the distribution, one in the public_html directory that's copied under the docroot (rather than being aliased)

Excuse me?! There's only one lib-common.php in the distribution and you only need one.

If you have (and need!) more than one lib-common.php on your site, then your install is in a pretty weird state. You'd better fix that ...

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:22 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content