Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 11:48 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Polls - closed or not??

tokyoahead

Anonymous
confused
Hi

When accessing polls through the "poll menu" in the header, the polls appear in a list, and clicking on the single poll entry shows the result.

However, when going into the stats page, and clicking on one of the top ten polls, I can still vote! Is this intended? Should it not be impossible to vote on a poll that is not on the homepage? Or should it be possible?

In general I think it would be nice to close a poll. Taking it off the homepage was the way to do it afaik. Now if you can re-open a poll as a user by simply using the right URL, how is that possible? Its like a small security bug, since users can do things by simply using the right URL... having register_globals On seems to allow that in general anyhow... or doesn't it?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by tokyoahead: In general I think it would be nice to close a poll.

Submit a feature request then (but check the existing ones first - I think I there may be one already). Or submit patches ...

Quote by tokyoahead: Its like a small security bug, since users can do things by simply using the right URL... having register_globals On seems to allow that in general anyhow... or doesn't it?

Now, how you arrive at that conclusion is beyond me. How is that a security problem? And what does that have to do with register_globals?

bye, Dirk

tokyoahead

Anonymous
Ok, so I added some feature requests. Some of them I can solve myself, but I would love to see them in the next version. where do I submit patches?

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:48 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content