I've installed DailyQuote 1.0.2 and did not have any major problems. I've had a quick play around with it and have a few comments.
1) Installation Documentation. Very good and is it was straightforward. The only place I got slightly confused is at Section 3.3.2 - " Did you get a successful completion message that your database tables have been created." I got a message saying Installation successful. It didn't say anything about database tables being created. That sort of confused me as it gave me the impression that something was wrong since I did not get a message that databases were created.
2) The other place that confused me was " There should now be a DailyQuote link in your top header." Which top header are you talking about? Is it the one with the links to Homepage • Gallery • Get Published • Links • Calendar • Personalize • Polls • Search • Site Stats. If so, I don't have a Daily Quote link there even after refreshing numerous times. I did have the DailyQuote link in the Admin block and managed to configure it from there. I found the link to the manage quotes page from the admin block and after adding a few sample quotes, the Quote of the Day header showed up at the top.
Now for the suggestions.
1) I would like the heading "Quote of the Day" to be user configurable. I want to call it Random Thoughts.
2) Also, can the category be used as a sort of heading. Best would be a different column for "Title". Have a look at my current random thought block at my website - Crazyguy
to see what I mean. You might have to reload a couple of times to hit a quote with a title.
3) Is it possible to have the author google linked. Again, have a look at my site for examples.
I believe all of these, especially 2&3 are easily implemented by changing some .php file, but I do not know which one? If you dont think it is useful enough for others, please tell me which file to edit and I'll add it to my deployed version.
Thank you for all the work done in this plugin.