kgs

Anonymous
Is there a way to control access to a specified directory so that only Geeklog members are allowed to browse the contents?

I have some html/pdf documents in a directory I want to link to from within Geeklog, but do not want people to be able to access directly without going thru Geeklog permissions.

machinari

Forum User
here is a quick and dirty way:
create an .htaccess file (assuming apache).
insert this:
Text Formatted Code
SetEnvIf Cookie ".*gl_session.*" GL_LOGGEDIN_USER
Deny from all
Allow from env=GL_LOGGEDIN_USER

not totally secure, but a start.
if you change $_CONF['cookie_session'] from the default "gl_session" at any time then use the corresponding value in the .htaccess file.

snagged that tidbit off portalparts--keeping peeps out of the download dirs when using the filemngment plugin.

kgs

Anonymous
Excellent! Works great! Just what I need to keep the files out of non-member view until I integrate them into Geeklog.
Thanks.

What I was kind of hoping for is a more complete solution where the user group and r e permissions could be determined to grant access to the directory or even specific files in the directory. ie only an admin group member who has permission to and selects a link from within in an area of Geeklog can view the file.

kgs

Anonymous
Any one used this plugin?

http://www.squatty.com/filemgmt/singlefile.php?lid=137

This plugin allows pages external to geeklog to participate in Geeklog security, searches, and statistics.

Features:

- External Pages can participate fully in Geeklog Security.
- External Pages are search-able through Geeklogs Search -- even dynamic pages.
- Access to external pages is recorded in a hit counter and External pages are added to the Geeklog Statistics Page.
- External Pages that have the code added to them are automatically added to the system the first time they are accessed.
- Templates are provided for creating pages that contain php or php and html and for pages that contain the Geeklog header and footer and those that do not.