Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 11:03 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Testimonial/Quotes plugin?

Jefficus

Forum User
Chatty
I've seen the QuoteBlock (the one that downloads quotes from a central server and displays one on your page). I'd like to do the same thing, but base it on a table of customer testimonials on my own site.

Has anybody seen a plugin that does this?

I've seen STP Testimonial Rotator which does more or less what I want (in terms of creating the local database). Has anybody seen an integration of that into GeekLog?

Alternatively, I could take a guestbook technology and using that to build the data, supplying my own "random quote block" to show one on the front page. But GeekBook doesn't really install cleanly for me and I'm not aware of any other integrated solutions.

I'm hoping somebody here can point me to at least an "almost workable" solution that I can customize. I don't really have the bandwidth right now to roll my own from scratch.

Jefficus
This has been an opinion, brought to you by the fine people at Jefficus World.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I think there are one or two other "quotes" blocks that let you enter the quotes.

Can't remember where I've seen them, though - check the usual places ...

bye, Dirk

inspiremin

Forum User
Regular Poster
At the risk of being branded a heretic, there are some excellent non-Geeklog programs that fit nicely in a static page.

I use a quote rotator called htmlrotate that works great in a static page. You can find it here.

I am building a Bible devotinal series that will go in a splash block on my site. Everytime someone goes to the site, or refreshes, it will randomly pull a block of html and display it.

Blessings!

inSPIREmin
www.Scripturetoolkit.com www.inSPIREministries.com

Jefficus

Forum User
Chatty
Yes. There ARE some excellent non-geeklog programs. The issue for me is not one of orthodoxy, but of aesthetic integrity and security. Tools that are not GeekLog-aware do not share the user accounts and privilege management system that GeekLog offers me. So it is problematic to use these outside apps to provide integrated site features. And of course, it also takes more work to integrate the look of the page.

Dirk: I actually checked "all the usual places" and came up blank before I posted this. Either your usual places includes some that mine doesn't, or I've not been reading the feature specs carefully enough.

Jefficus
This has been an opinion, brought to you by the fine people at Jefficus World.

xardoz

Forum User
Regular Poster
This thread may help.

I had a similar issue, and TomW was kind enough to help me out.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
This thread has another one.

bye, Dirk

machinari

Forum User
in case you haven't tried it yet, the dailyquote plugin was developed since your post. it is now version 1.0.5 and can be found at summitpages.ca or in the download section here at geeklog.net.

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:03 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content