Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 01:35 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

PHPBB username database

ShdwRulr

Forum User
Regular Poster
This is more of a question about a hack. But I will try to explain so you will also know why I am doing this.

I have pbpbb with an rpg mod and all sorts of other things. Now I want to set it up so if a person logs into either geeklog or phpbb, they will login to the other. Now I was planning on having geeklog share the phpbb username database, but this would mean I would need to delete the username database on geeklog. So here is my question. You know how when you publish something, that it connects your username to your bio and other articles and comments by you? I was wandering, If I delete the username and have geeklog to take on the username database from phpbb, will it still connect people's username with their bios and comments and publications? (this is considering that the forums username and the geeklog usernames are the same).
Bla bla bla

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
There's lots of code in Geeklog's core code as well as in plugins that accesses the user-related tables. I don't think you can get away with what you had in mind.

Your best bet is probably something like an additional layer between the two, that synchronizes the databases. Like the CMS-Bridge.

For more information, do a search for "phpbb" ...

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:35 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content