Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, March 19 2024 @ 07:28 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Wow, GL just ROCKS! :)

BlueDruid25

Anonymous
rockin
Congrats on such a good product! I've been with e107 (many sec. invulnerabilities) Mambo (TOO many probs to list here ) and a couple others based on perl and cgi.

I MUST HONESTLY SAY...Geeklog IS and WAS the one for me! I ran into a post at my webhoster's forums to which i replied to...they recommended me checkout opensourcecms.com [OS cms]. From there I did a little searchin' around...and WHA BAM! Knocked into Geeklog...and it knocked some sense into me! Why GO FOR bloatware when u can have a small package [NOT saying small is bad/distasteful] AND THEN customize it to your needs! I'm signed-in for life [and here's the papers ]

Ok, with all that excitement, I have just one comment. I don't want to step on anyone's heels here, but I must say, my website needs an appearance closely relating the geeklog.com website...would someone be able to help me with that? I have the vanilla version of 1.3.9 and was wondering if it's possible for me to have a content-layout similar to this:

- (I already have 'gameserver' as the default theme w/ my own custom logo @ bluetopmedia.net)
- I need to have the following sections 'block'/ 'module'/ 'plugin': Sections, User Functions, Whats new on the left side,
- Page content in the middle
- A Plugin/script to allow my google adsite information to be posted on the right column.
- Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
- AIM: Contact Via Email first please
- EMAIL: BlueDruid25.at.yahoo.com
- Also, I'll try to come back here as often as possible.

*Peace to everyone*,
BlueDruid

BlueDruid25

Anonymous
OOPS...sry for the mis-placement

...I can't rem the last time I did that.

BlueDruid25

Anonymous
Oh yea, also...
reason i got the original 1.3.9 is because my webhost uses Fantastico and its script was the one w/ origianl 1.3.9 and it says "fresh install" in the current release .

If I REALLY need to upgrade, let me know...otherwise a way to [should i say] _easily_ upgrade? I'd rather not throw away the new site just yet as I'm quickly getting a grasp on GL

BlueDruid25

Forum User
OH YEA...I'm a member now too

BlueDruid25

Forum User
GASP... I just realized 1.3.9 IS the latest..i was thinking the rc-1,2,3 was sec. fixes or something ontop of 1.3.9. lol. Guess I'm update...and also, I'm on my way to downloading a few plugins. Hopefully they'll do just fine

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:28 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content