Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 06:15 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Some questions before installing GeekLog

yannou

Anonymous
Hello,

I'd like to know if I can add as many links as I want in the side bars (Forums, Shop, Blog, Photogallery, Support Tickets Submission, ...)?

Can the forums (Invision PowerBoard, phpBB, or any other), shop (OSCommerce), and other scripts that I'll install can be viewed in the same window with the sidebars menus remaining on left and right?

That's all I can think of to ask for now, I'll update this thread if I think of something else.

Thank you for your answers.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The answers are Yes and Yes, respectively

Btw, did you see our Demo site?

bye, Dirk

yannou

Forum User
Thanks for the answer.

No I didn't, I guess I got confused by the site layout, not that I don't like it I love it.

Gonna check the demo site right now.

JohnVanVliet

Forum User
yes as many links and be added
but i think you will find it a bit clutterd

yannou

Forum User
Is the "Wrap Static Page in a block" option in the static page menu the option that allows to open a page (for example the site's online store) in the same page?

yannou

Forum User
Quote by yannou: Is the "Wrap Static Page in a block" option in the static page menu the option that allows to open a page (for example the site's online store) in the same page?

Is this correct?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by yannou: Is the "Wrap Static Page in a block" option in the static page menu the option that allows to open a page (for example the site's online store) in the same page?

No. Looks like you're looking for either the HTML iframe tag or maybe the external pages plugin.

bye, Dirk

yannou

Anonymous
Quote by Dirk:

No. Looks like you're looking for either the HTML iframe tag or maybe the external pages plugin.

bye, Dirk

So it is possible by installing a plugin?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by yannou: So it is possible by installing a plugin?

You have 3 options (two of which I already mentioned above):
  1. use an IFRAME tag
  2. use the external pages plugin
  3. if you have the source for the pages to be included, and they happen to be in PHP, you can easily add a few lines of code that will wrap them into Geeklog's header, footer, and side blocks

Which option will work for you depends on the pages you want to wrap into Geeklog.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:15 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content