Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 08:47 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Need suggestions for install problem

Silentprophet

Forum User
tired
Hi all

I am having a bit of trouble installing Geeklog. Been trying to make it work for a few days. It looks really cool, gona try and use it for my online gaming guild. We are mainly based in Dark Age of Camelot. Here is some info about my site: using IX webhosting, uploaded intire .tar gz file and uncompressed it.

note: After decompression it created a directory with the same name as the gz file with GL in it. I didn't think that was right because then my domain wouldn't directly access GL. I've tried using it in that location, and also moving GL out of the sub directory to the root directory.

Where should GL be located?
What does it mean when it asks in the config.php file for the path to begin with a drive letter, it's on the server how do I know the drive?
Also I can't find the index.php file so I can't edit the location in the config.php. Hope you can help.

Silentprophet

JohnVanVliet

Forum User
hi try rereading the Documentation and FAQ to the left

Silentprophet

Forum User
yeah... I've been reading through a real novice here. Also I forgot to say that I can't find the lib-common.php file??? which directory is it supposed to be in?

Hangfire

Forum User
Junior
Try unziping it localy then transfer it to your site GL

“People sleep safe in there beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf”

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Silentprophet: Also I forgot to say that I can't find the lib-common.php file??? which directory is it supposed to be in?

public_html

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:47 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content