Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 09:33 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Theme 1.3.8 into new portal 1.3.9cs1

trenchteam

Forum User
Regular Poster
Hey guys. Again, im very new to this GL thing, moving from E107 just in the past few days. With E107 it was basically just plug and play with everything. Anyway, I wanted to implement the Aqua Theme into my site. I've read the documentation provided below. Now, do I just take all these files from 1.3.9cs1 and dump it into the Aqua Theme? Do i have to edit any of them? Currently Im using the Xsilver w/ Forums. What else needs to be moved. My Xsilver site is running like a charm. I dont want too many errors by changing the theme, but I've always liked lighter themes and Aqua seems to fit my needs nicely.

----------------------------------------------------------------
In header.thtml, you can now use the new variable {allowed_menu_elements} as an alternative to using {menu_elements}. The new variable takes the $_CONF['XXXloginrequired'] settings into account, i.e. it will only list those entries that the current user has access to.
The admin/syndication directory, containing feededitor.thtml, listfeeds.thtml, listitem.thtml, and selecttype.thtml has been added.
Template files comment/comment.thtml and comment/thread.thtml have been added and comment/startcomment.thtml has been changed to implement template-driven comments.
Please note that comment/comment.thtml was changed again in Geeklog 1.3.9rc2.
A {link_edit} variable has been added to links/linkdetails.thtml so that admins can edit links directly from the links section.
An "edit" icon has been added: images/edit.gif. The new variable {edit_icon} can be used as an alternative to {edit_link} in the story template files and in links/linkdetails.thtml.
In the calendar/calendar.thtml file, the "mode" parameter has been added to the > buttons, so that users stay in their personal calendar when browsing through months.
A new file, admin/group/groupmembers.thtml, has been added and admin/group/listitem.thtml has been changed for the new alternative option to add users to groups.
A new file, admin/block/listside.thtml, has been added and admin/block/listitem.thtml and admin/block/listblocks.thtml have been changed for the enhanced block list.
A {google_paging} variable has been added to admin/link/linklist.thtml. Also added a column number to linklist.thtml and admin/link/listitem.thtml.
All template files where the user can enter a URL are now using a new variable, {max_url_length}, instead of a hard-coded number of characters for the max. length of the URL. Files affected: admin/block/blockeditor.thtml, admin/event/eventeditor.thtml, admin/link/linkeditor.thtml, admin/topic/topiceditor.thtml, submit/submitevent.thtml, submit/submitlink.thtml.
The hard-coded   has been removed from the {welcome_msg} variable. The blank was then added to the header.thtml of the Classic, XSilver, and Yahoo themes (the other themes either look fine without it or didn't use {welcome_msg} in the first place).
An extra table has been removed from the users/profile.thtml file of the XSilver theme so that the username now lines up properly with the other entries.

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:33 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content