Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 11:46 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Collectorz.com

dick

Forum User
Junior
I have always been a big fan of The Collectorz Software It allows you to VERy easily add your music, or movies or whatever into a big ole database. Once inputed, it will automatically get you pictures, box covers, and other details for the item entered. Tres' sweet.
Over the years I have always wanted to integrate this software into a website. Teh software has an option to export to XML and to HTML. When it exports to HTML, it builds the entire set of webpages, and corrisponding folders to allow you to post to the web. The up side is this is very easy to update, and maintain. The down side is it seems to be quite hard to intergrate into GL becasue it makes so many individual pages.
I can see it being possible to add it all into Gl but one would have to edit each and every page and its corrisponding link to be inside the static pages. Each page equals one movie, or file or entry or whatnot.

Not gonna happen. Thats wayyy too much editing, and it will all change back when you re-export it, or make any changes.

I found the plug for external pages, but the plug in never actually states external sites can get intergrated into GL, just be secured by GL. Id liek to be able to view this external data, inside my GL_site.

Suggestions?
Comments?
Hate mail?

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:46 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content