Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 04:05 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Forum plugin problem after moving my site to a new host

hfb3

Forum User
confused
I just moved my site last night to a new host, and have some minor problems which I can fix, but I have one problem I need some ideas on.

When I go to my site, I get the following at the top of the home page: 'Component Feature $useMessengerSmilies = false;// Will use New Messenger Plugin Smilie Admin and smilies if set ?> ?>.' repeated four times.

I did a grep and found the code in the config.php,createtopic.php and gf_format.php modules under the forum plugin, I have messed up something in my move but don't know what.

Is it ok to re-install the forum plugin or do I need to look for something else?

Henry

hfb3

Forum User
happy
Sorry folks,
Fixed my own problem. Somehow the config.php script in the forums/inculdes directory had been changed at the end. Here is the original code:

// Pro Component Feature
$useMessengerSmilies = false; // Will use new Messenger Plugin Smilie Admin and smilies if set

?> Component Feature
$useMessengerSmilies = false; // Will use new Messenger Plugin Smilie Admin and smilies if set
?>
?>

I changed the comments line and took out the extra '?>' and it worked. I don't remember installing the Pro component feature, but looks like the $useMessengerSmilies being set was the culprit.

Henry

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:05 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content