Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 10:28 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Editing Centerblock

Zixent

Anonymous
Could anyone offer me some guidence on editing the centerblock in forum 2.3. I have many users that would like to not see the new posts.. And some that do...
I guess my question is where whould I start on making that option of centerblock on a user by user basis. Or would that cause some problems? Thank you for any help.

spirshi

Anonymous
i THINK you can create a new group...and only add the ppl that wanna see it. THen, edit the block's permissions and only choose 'group' for 'read' permissions.

Hangfire

Forum User
Junior
That would be a good option to add to the user options and then the user can decide to view it or not

Suggestion for the next release Blaine

or update

Hangfire

“People sleep safe in there beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf”

Blaine

Forum User
Zixent:

Basically you would need to modify code - specifically the centerblock function that is in the plugins/forum/functions.inc file.

You will need to add a check for membership in a group around the logic that executes. As an example - not real code but close
Text Formatted Code

if(SEC_inGROUP('most_users')) {
   .. exectute all this code below and return
}

Just create a group and add members OR -- create a group of few users that don't want to see if and change the test to be: if (!SEC_inGROUP('snotty_users')) {

That will do it
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

Zixent

Anonymous
Thanks one more thing.... I also want to have centerblock show only one set of post updates.. Like general/general news... been trying to figure out good way to do it..

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:28 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content