Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 08:49 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Rating system coming!

GeeklogWorks

Forum User
Junior
working
I am working on a rating system for Geeklog. The system is a mod for Geeklog's current system and will ultimately add two tables. One to control ratings and another to control users. Essentially, users will be able to be restricted to vote only once. The system is built to work with not only stories, but links, comments, and forums if desired. Not only that but it can be setup to work with classifieds as well(with a little work). When I release it, it might support stories only. Check it out at here as I work on it and feel free to contact me at info@geeklogworks.com. Note it currently allows mutiple ratings by the same users.
The only true Geeklog host with technical support! www.GeeklogWorks.com

exdeath

Forum User
Junior
Sounds like a good hack. Keep us informed.

A. slovenia

Anonymous
if you are do this think i wil be wery gratefull

thaks

GeeklogWorks

Forum User
Junior
freakingout
Rating system will be released in a couple days. It is setup to allow one vote per user ip. It is also setup to support stories but can be easily made to use links, comments, and forum post as well with a little php knowledge. I changed the ranks to the same used by geeklog forums to be more visable. Probably tonight I will test my installation instructions on insighturban.com so expect a release very shortly. I'm thankful this hack has gotten some interest, and I look forward to releasing it.
The only true Geeklog host with technical support! www.GeeklogWorks.com

Mickey

Forum User
Hi, I liked the idea of a rating system, so when I downloaded and tried to install it I got stuck at step 7:
They ask you to put some code in lib-common.php on a specific place in the function COM_article.
But there doesn't seem to be a COM_article function in the new version of geeklog,
any idea where I should put this code then?

suprsidr

Forum User
Try the rating plugin from Euan here.
FlashYourWeb and Your Gallery with the E2 XML Media Player for Gallery2 - http://www.flashyourweb.com

Don

Forum User
Install seems to have gone well. However, when I add the necessary code to lib-story.php, I get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/blah3com/system/lib-story.php on line 480

I'm obviously missing something. The installation in question is Euan's plugin.

On Edit: Got it. The code at http://www.heatherengineering.com/staticpages/index.php/rating-en was missing an opening curly bracket at the top. Works fine now! Thanks, Euan!

- D

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:49 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content