Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 10:51 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

phpmychat

Hangfire

Forum User
Junior
Hello again i am trying to configure the phpmychat plugin and cant get past this error so i thought i would see if i could get some help,

this is the errors i am getting

Warning: main(./chat/lib/database/C_DB_TYPE.lib.php3): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/public_html/phpmychat/mychat/chat/lib/index.lib.php3 on line 67

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './chat/lib/database/C_DB_TYPE.lib.php3' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/www/public_html/phpmychat/mychat/chat/lib/index.lib.php3 on line 67

im not sure if this matters but when i loom at the lib.index.php file i see a path that says

/config/config.lib.php3

now i do not have this path in my directory but i am not sure if this matters at least at this point

Thanks
“People sleep safe in there beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf”

Hangfire

Forum User
Junior
Ok I am back again, one problem done and one more to go

I got the above errors solved and am now able to open the room sort of when the room opens I get an “page can not be displayed error” and only the phpmychat logo on the bottom right side, the rest of the page is off set to the right side.

I was wondering if any could lend some knowledge and kick me in the right direction

Thanks

“People sleep safe in there beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf”

comicbookguy

Forum User
Regular Poster
You could always just install Glchat. It integrates phpmychat with your gl database. It's much better than just using phpmychat. You can download it here.

Hangfire

Forum User
Junior
Hello sry i did not include that info in my post that is the program i am having problems with. i am now trying to flash chat installed for 5 bucks what hell.
i am still intrested in solveing this problem just for the learning experience so if you can kick some suggestions my way i would apperciate it

comicbookguy

Forum User
Regular Poster
Did you edit the config.lib.php3 file in /public_html/phpmychat/mychat/chat/config?

Hangfire

Forum User
Junior
Hello! Yes I did edit the config.lib.php3 file I can get the room to open and when it does I can see the timer start, I see the phpmychat logo on the bottom right and then I see page can not be displayed errors, the program shows chatters in the room as well,

Its like the chat box or application is not loading, I am sure this is user error but I can only read the instructions so many times you can go look if you want use demo as log on and password I will delete this user tomorrow,

I am using geeklog 1.3.9 sr1 and the 1.0 phpmychat from the link you provided earlier

Also I am curious if maybe I need to upload all the files in binary mode I am using smartftp, and have never before had a problem with the auto detect but this could be the first

Thanks
Hangfire

comicbookguy

Forum User
Regular Poster
I just went to your site logged in and the chat room worked fine. Does your log in name have a space or other symbol like a dash or apostraphe? I remember reading that they do not import properly into the database.

Hangfire

Forum User
Junior
Hello thanks after I read this post I went to another computer and tried and your right, works great I still cant get it to work on my other pc I don’t know if it has to do with the java program or my firewall and privacy setting,

I am going to try and figure out why now, when I do ill come back and update how I fixed it,

Thanks for taking the time to help out I really appreciate it

Hangfire

Hangfire

Forum User
Junior
Well its working now I had to go into Norton and add the web site to my trusted sites and sure as S**T there it is its funny how we over look the little things or at least me anyhow.

Its working great except that every time it refreshes I get a runtime error that says:

“Line 31 Error window.frames.exit.window.document.all.ConState’is null or not an object”

And then of course the debug question so when I go to debug this is what I see on line 31

“window.frames['exit'].window.document.all['ConState'].src = imgConnect.src; }”

any suggestions ?

Thanks again
Hangfire

comicbookguy

Forum User
Regular Poster
Is that error coming from Internet Explorer? If so disable error reporting.

Hangfire

Forum User
Junior
No its not IE generating the error

Hangfire

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:51 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content