Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 10:50 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Pics in geekery

Hangfire

Anonymous
Hello i have the plugin geekary installed fine and all the functions are working great, my problem is that when photos are uploaded the picture is blured, looks like a negative, or basicaly not the same as when it started, i have had several people try and get the same results,now if you click on the thub nail the picture well open fine and some of the pictures retun to there normal quality,

i have read through the forum and not noticed or seen any post here covering this if i missed i am sorry

can anyone help?

Thanks Hangfire

Robin

Forum User
I've been using Geekary (this makes two of us ) and haven't noticed such behaviour.
Not an expert but this could be a problem with GD library installed on the server.
Similar issue was discussed here and it was the problem with this lib.
Geeklog Polish Support Team

Hangfire

Anonymous
determined
Hello thanks for replying and the link unfortunately this does not solve my problem, I contacted my web host and still no solution I have tried to use the other options. But get the same result, I am wondering if this could have to do with having the pictures resized if they are outside the maximums I created in the file settings, I could really use some help with this, or a link to migrate Coppermine into geeklogs.

Thanks again
Hangfire

Hangfire

Anonymous
Well it has nothing to do with the resizing of the pictures the thumbs on the geekary album page are bad negative looking, but when you click on the picture the picture is perfect, weird huh well I am still looking for help.

Thanks again
Hangfire

Robin

Forum User
Looks like you need to upload your own thumbs. I did upload my own thumbs. Check here looks OK.

Hangfire

Anonymous
Thanks Robin For the help i apperciate you taking the time to answer for me.

Hangfire

Hangfire

Anonymous
Ok sry i thought of another question, is there a way then to disable the thumb nail preview in the albums so that it only shows a discription and not a thumb nail?

Hangfire

Robin

Forum User
From experience I tell you there is no such thing you could not disable I guess you would need to alter the tepmplates i.e. remove the img reference.

Chalkhillian

Forum User
Chatty
I switched to imagemagick from GD and its been great. Thumbs look good and large resizes don't get fuzzed. I renamed everything to Media Gallery cuz geekary sounded too ...too well geekary. It has been rock solid and I've added a few media types and use a couple of different players. Its way easier to customize than Gallery or some of the other biggies and it works as a real Plug-In - so I guess there's 3 of us!

Robin

Forum User
Quote by Chalkhillian: I switched to imagemagick from GD and its been great.

I was wondering whether this takes a lot of code changes. And where do you make the change.
Quote by Chalkhillian:I've added a few media types and use a couple of different players.

This sounds like you've made quite a lot of customization. Would it be possible to share some experience?
Quote by Chalkhillian:Its way easier to customize than Gallery or some of the other biggies and it works as a real Plug-In
Yeah I like that too about Geekary it's a GL Plugin although I haven't done a lot of code digging.
Quote by Chalkhillian:I guess there's 3 of us!

I'll drink to that
Where can I see it in action? I couldn't find it at scoha.com.

Hangfire

Forum User
Junior
I have noticed that you can switch this option in the geekary admin section, but I think this depends on what your web server has installed, as I could not get the image magic option to work in my geeklog site,

Hangfire

“People sleep safe in there beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf”

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:50 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content