Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 08:30 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Network Integration

*nix_man

Forum User
I'm Using Red Hat 9, and I've installed the CMS a while ago to help my small company with managing some online content as well as using a forum system. (great system btw guys, i love the way it's set up. ) My problem is my users b*tch plenty now about passwords. Is there anyway by using samba or something else that i can add this server to the windows network (i know, i'de love to convert to Linux) so that the username and password in Geek Log will be pulled from the domain User names and Passwords?

Thanks for any help or direction pointing.

mthomas

Forum User
I've heard this question ask before any one been able to do this yet?

*nix_man

Forum User
I think i've heard someone mention a utitlity for linux that does it for other programs as well. But i forget what it is called at the moment. I'll be working on it later today.

I'll let you know how it goes.

*nix_man

Forum User
would there be a way to have apache authenticate through samba and then use a php script to transfer those fields to the username and PW in Geeklog?

I'm stabbing in the dark here and the people in the office don't want to "learn a nother password"

oh how i loath end users

IF someone could even help me to just understand how the Username and PWs are thrown and cought in GL it would help a lot.. Maybe i could write something?

dick

Forum User
Junior
I'll be totally unhelpful and write a poem.

ok no i wont, I just thought it would be funny.

*nix_man

Forum User
is there any reason why the loginform is laid out wierd?

I'm going through my PHP book, trying to remember how to code this stuff... last time i did it was in a college class. I'm thinking it's either in teh loginform.thtml OR in the user.php file. I know i'm going to have to code it PHP or java, but seeing as everything is PHP i should keep things redundant.

No admins here know how this works? Even a sight or anything would help.

Thanks

Branden-

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
Right now we are working on the Auth system for Geeklog 2, details are here . When we get that stable I do plan on abstracting out just the authentication portion of GL 1.3.x so it can be extended. Just so you know, we do plan to support both LDAP and Microsoft's bastardization of LDAP commonly referred to as Active Directory.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

*nix_man

Forum User
Thanks Tony!

I appritiate the update.

Good luck with development!

Branden-

mthomas

Forum User
In GL 1.3x and GL2 or just GL2?

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:30 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content