Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 07:27 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

forum author question

pFunk

Forum User
it seems that this forum seems to have the same problem i do with mine...

when you look into a forum category... it shows the name of the thread... how many views... how many posts.... author... and last post time...

what i have noticed is the author isnt the author of the thread... its the author of the last poster...

i dont know if this is an error... or if you can change the name of that column from "author" to "Last Post By:" or "Last Poster" or something... or if you can combine the last post time column with the author of the last post... i dont know.

i have that problem on my site www.thatwasBS.com if anyone wants to take a look...

just something i noticed and was wondering if anyone else had to same problem... or if it is a problem at all. And if it is an error... if there is a fix?

thanks
pFunk

Superchicken

Forum User
Junior
I have the same problem. I don't know why anyone would call this a feature. It seems rather... well it's stupid. Every other forum package out there would list the author of the original post. Most will list the author of the last reply. Why don't we have both?

bieffe

Forum User
Junior
if u think it stupid, simply don't use it!!

Superchicken

Forum User
Junior
Uhh yah... right, if I think one way that something is done with an entire CMS system. I shouldn't use it. Are you a moron?

Is it stupid that the forum script doesn't work in the standard fashion? YES. Does that mean I'm going to ditch it? No. If I can't get one of you to tell me how I'm going to have a friend work on it and get it to work the right way. However I would rather not have to ask him to give me a hand since he's also helping with other things.

Twit.

Blaine

Forum User
angry
SUPERCHICKEN!

Did you not ask this same question not a week ago in this forum topic here which I already answered.

Pissing people off that donate their time and energy is no way to be asking for help.

Entering the work "author" in the forum search in this forum shows the topic match right away.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

Superchicken

Forum User
Junior
Sorry I looked for my old post but had a fair bit of difficulty finding it. I couldn't even remember what exactly I asked. And I saw this one that hadn't gotten a reply.

r_f_o_t

Forum User
Quote by Superchicken: Sorry I looked for my old post but had a fair bit of difficulty finding it. I couldn't even remember what exactly I asked.

For future reference, just click on the user's name, scroll down the profile, and click on Find all postings by $USER_NAME. Like this list of your posts.

HTH,

Chuck
Too many hands on my time.

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:27 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content