Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 09:46 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

File manager install

Scorpion

Forum User
Chatty
hi I dont understand the file manager installation.

it says to put files in:

geek_dir/public_html/filemgmt

well I have my geeklog dir inside public_html and not the other way round. so how can i install then??

thx

Turias

Forum User
Put filemgmt in the same folder as your index.php file and your lib-common.php file.

Scorpion

Forum User
Chatty
sure this will work? because the installation doesnt say this way... but i will try thanks.

Turias

Forum User
I'm sure. That, in essence, is you public_html folder. Whenever anything is supposed to go in your geeklog/public_html folder, you are really supposed to put it in the same folder as your main index.php file.

Thus, http://yourdomain/filemgmt/ will be the url to your filemgmt plugin, assuming that your site is at the root of your domain.

Scorpion

Forum User
Chatty
Thanks it worked!!! Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

Scorpion

Forum User
Chatty
except when i saved settings i got this:

i got it installed but when i make setting adjustements i get this:

Warning: fopen(/home/scorpion/public_html/Main/plugins/filemgmt/filemgmt.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/scorpion/public_html/Main/admin/plugins/filemgmt/index.php on line 1169

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/scorpion/public_html/Main/admin/plugins/filemgmt/index.php on line 1194

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/scorpion/public_html/Main/admin/plugins/filemgmt/index.php on line 1195

Cry
Text Formatted Code

fwrite($file, $content);
        fclose($file);
                redirect_header("{$_CONF['site_admin_url']}/plugins/filemgmt/index.php",2,_MD_CONFIGUPDATED);
            exit();
}

Turias

Forum User
Hmmm, I don't know about that one. It would be good to check with Blaine. Just make sure you followed the install instuctions precisely.

For now, you can try changing the settings manually by editing your /geeklog/plugins/filemgmt/filegmgt.php and /geeklog/plugins/filemgmt/config.php

And make sure that your webserver has access to these files.

Scorpion

Forum User
Chatty
Thanks Cool

Im waiting for Blain to answer at hes forum.

Scorpion

Anonymous
Whatever CHMOD i set on the file manager index.php i get the same error saying no permission. I doesnt even work when I set to 777.

Cry Cry soon i will change to another portal before i get a heart attack... i really like geeklog but its a pain in the ass that there is no file manager by default. Frown

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:46 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content