Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 10:50 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Mac OSX install problems:

macunkie

Anonymous
confused
I'm running my server on a homenet work.
I have the public_html folder at /Users/myuser/Sites/public_html/
and my geeklog at /Users/myuser/geeklog/

my config.php includes the following:

$_DB_host = 'localhost'; // host name or IP address of your DB server
$_DB_name = 'mydatabase'; // name of your database,
// must exist before running the installer!
$_DB_user = 'root'; // MySQL user name
$_DB_pass = 'mypassword'; // MySQL password

$_CONF['path'] = '/Users/myuser/geeklog/';

= $_CONF['path'] . '/Users/myuser/Sites/public_html/'

$_CONF['site_url'] = 'http://www.mydomain.com'

When I run the Geek log installation Step 2 of I get the following error:

The requested URL /admin/install/success.php was not found on this server

Any Ideas?

Thanks! Rolling Eyes

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by macunkie: I have the public_html folder at /Users/myuser/Sites/public_html/
[snip]
$_CONF['site_url'] = 'http://www.mydomain.com'

Try $_CONF['site_url'] = 'http://www.mydomain.com/~myuser/public_html';

If you want Geeklog under www.mydomain.com, then you will have to move the contents of Geeklog's public_html into /Library/Webserver/Documents

bye, Dirk

macunkie

Anonymous
blank
I'm currently running Apache2 and have the config file for Apache pointing to /Users/myuser/Sites/ and have successfully gotten phpEventCalander running at www.mydomain.com. I'm running on a network with port mapping because my ISP block port 80.

If I move Geeklog's public_html into /Library/Webserver/Documents will I have to reconfig Apache? I tried serving phpEventCal from this directory and it didn't work?

I tried 'http://www.mydomain.com/~myuser/public_html'; and got the same error.

Thanks,

Samuel.

macunkie

Anonymous
hopeful
I know have public_html in my /Library/WebServer/Documents/ folder and I still am having some issues, here is my geeklog config again:

$_DB_host = 'localhost'; // host name or IP address of your DB server
$_DB_name = 'mygeeklog'; // name of your database,
// must exist before running the installer!
$_DB_user = 'root'; // MySQL user name
$_DB_pass = 'mypass'; // MySQL password

$_CONF['path'] = '/Library/WebServer/geeklog/';

$_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . '/Library/WebServer/Documents/public_html/';

$_CONF['site_url'] = 'http://www.macunkie.com/public_html';

I also tried:

$_CONF['site_url'] = 'http://www.macunkie.com';

= $_CONF['site_url'] . '/myadmin';

Here is my error at Step 2:

Warning: main(/path/to/geeklog/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Library/WebServer/Documents/public_html/lib-common.php on line 69

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/path/to/geeklog/config.php' (include_path='.:/Library/PHP4/lib/php') in /Library/WebServer/Documents/public_html/lib-common.php on line 69

Any ideas?

Thanks, Samuel.

dewdoo

Forum User
Chatty
I sent you an email. I notice ur config.php was different than mine. I am running 10.3.3 Mac OS X Server at home on my B/W G3 450. Hopefully it will help you out on ur problem.

If it works for you.......I am glad to help a fellow Mac User Laughing Out Loud

drshakagee

Forum User
Quote by macunkie:Here is my error at Step 2:

Warning: main(/path/to/geeklog/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Library/WebServer/Documents/public_html/lib-common.php on line 69

If that is your error you proly forgot to put the path to your config.php file in the lib-common.php file. Open the lib-common and look for require_once('/path/to/geeklog/config.php'); and replace it with the path to your config file, judging from what you cut and pasted it should be "/Users/myuser/geeklog/config.php"
Yes I am mental.

macunkie

Anonymous
blah
After moving the path to my config.php file I edited the lib-common.php, as well as the config.php file as follows:

require_once( '/Library/WebServer/Documents/geeklog/config.php' );

Now I get this error: (I've searched the forum, but can't seem to find my example)

Template Error: set_root: /Library/WebServer/Documents/geeklog//Library/WebServer/Documents/public_htmllayout/XSilver is not a directory.
Halted.

drshakagee

Forum User
are you sure in your config.php that your $_CONF['path'] begins and ends with a slash, and that your $_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'public_html/'; with a slash at the end?

I run geeklog on 10.3.3 and have no issues, so I am 100% your problems are just path issues.

You might want to backup your current config.php and start over with a fresh version, making sure to get all the paths correct.
Yes I am mental.

rjrufo

Forum User
Regular Poster
Something else you may want to consider (but may not be what's causing your problem) is to move all the files from public_html into /Library/WebServer/Documents. And also move your geeklog folder (the folder containing your config.php file, as well as the language, logs, plugins, and system folders) to /Library/WebServer.

That is if you aren't planning on running more than one site on your computer.

rjrufo

Forum User
Regular Poster
Quote by macunkie: After moving the path to my config.php file I edited the lib-common.php, as well as the config.php file as follows:

require_once( '/Library/WebServer/Documents/geeklog/config.php' );

Now I get this error: (I've searched the forum, but can't seem to find my example)

Template Error: set_root: /Library/WebServer/Documents/geeklog//Library/WebServer/Documents/public_htmllayout/XSilver is not a directory.
Halted.

I just noticed something in this post, the Template Error has no / after public_html, which seems to me that you forgot to add the / in the config file.

macunkie

Anonymous
caffeinated
Well, I tried moving my public_html contents into:
/Library/WebServer/Documents

And I've tried moving my geeklog to a bunch of places. i.e.

/Library/WebServer
/Library/WebServer/Documents
and /Library

I now can't seem to get to step 2?

One of my questions is that while reading the insallation steps it mentions "ftping" the tar to my server? I'm just unpacking it in my server. Is this possibly causing problems?

I checked and rechecked my paths in my conf file and lib-common and get this error:

Geeklog could not find config.php in the path you just entered: /Library/WebServer/Documents/geeklog/config.php
Please check this path and try again.

drshakagee: Is it possible for you to send me a copy of your "sensored" conf file to check against?

I'm also mentioning that I'm serving from a powerbook connected to airport extreme with port mapping, but other functions of my site work fine.

Thanks for all your help!

Samuel.

macunkie

Anonymous
I'm also mentioning that I'm running Apache2 is that is an issue?

drshakagee

Forum User
Quote by macunkie:
One of my questions is that while reading the insallation steps it mentions "ftping" the tar to my server? I'm just unpacking it in my server. Is this possibly causing problems?

No that wouldn't be an issue.
Quote by macunkie:
I checked and rechecked my paths in my conf file and lib-common and get this error:

Geeklog could not find config.php in the path you just entered: /Library/WebServer/Documents/geeklog/config.php
Please check this path and try again.

drshakagee: Is it possible for you to send me a copy of your "sensored" conf file to check against?

I have my site at "/Library/WebServer/Documents/geeklog" and my public_html folder is just right in there, keep yours in that folder as well.

My config looks like this:
Text Formatted Code

// +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
// | (2) Paths                                                                 |
// +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+

// Note for Windows users: It's safe to use the forward slash '/' instead of
// the backslash '' in paths. Make sure each path starts with a drive letter!

// This should point to the directory where your config.php file resides.
$_CONF['path']            = '/Library/WebServer/Documents/geeklog/'; // should end in a slash

// You only need to change this if you moved or renamed the public_html
// directory. In that case, you should specify the complete path to the
// directory (i.e. without the $_CONF['path']) like this:
// $_CONF['path_html']      = '/path/to/your/public_html/';
$_CONF['path_html']         = $_CONF['path'] . 'public_html/';

// | (3) Site Settings                                                         |

// Make sure this is the correct URL to your site, i.e. to where Geeklog's
// index.php file resides (no trailing slash).
$_CONF['site_url']          = 'http://www.yoursite.com/geeklog/public_html';
//$_CONF['site_url']          = 'http://www.yoursite.com/geeklog/public_html';
// Some hosting services have a preconfigured admin directory. In that case,
// you need to rename Geeklog's admin directory to something like "myadmin"
// and change the following URL as well. Leave as is until you experience any
// problems accessing Geeklog's admin menu.
$_CONF['site_admin_url']    = $_CONF['site_url'] . '/admin';

// This is the return address for all email sent by Geeklog:
$_CONF['site_mail']         = 'email@address.com';

// Name and slogan of your site
$_CONF['site_name']         = 'Geeklog Site';
$_CONF['site_slogan']       = 'Another Nifty Geeklog Site';

and in my lib-common.php I have: "require_once( '/Library/WebServer/Documents/geeklog/config.php' )"

so just put your geeklog directory just as you downloaded it in to your WebServer/Documents, name it geeklog, change the url to yours and all these config settings should work for you.

Now on the other hand I don't know about the apache 2 thing. I run the version that came with Panther, I forget which version it is.
Yes I am mental.

macunkie

Anonymous
happy
Well, I finally got to the "Install Complete!" page:

The main issue I was missing was including the public_html at the end of my domain: i.e.:

$_CONF['site_url'] = 'http://www.mydomain/public_html';

Now when I'm viewing the "Install Complete" page it looks like it isn't loading some images? I have a bunch of little blue boxes with question marks in them. Also: when I click: "Click here to see your new site"... it sends me to a file listing of the files on my server?

Now what am I missing?

Thanks for the great help though... I'm getting there!

Samuel.

Turias

Forum User
Quote by macunkie: Well, I finally got to the "Install Complete!" page:

The main issue I was missing was including the public_html at the end of my domain: i.e.:

$_CONF['site_url'] = 'http://www.mydomain/public_html';

Now when I'm viewing the "Install Complete" page it looks like it isn't loading some images? I have a bunch of little blue boxes with question marks in them. Also: when I click: "Click here to see your new site"... it sends me to a file listing of the files on my server?

Now what am I missing?

Thanks for the great help though... I'm getting there!

Samuel.

Check out this FAQ entry.

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:50 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content