Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 08:18 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Error.log

ShdwRulr

Forum User
Regular Poster
Wed Apr 21 18:53:59 2004 - 1226: User 'shadowru_gl' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 80000). SQL in question: SELECT passwd FROM gl_users WHERE uid = 2

How do I fix this?
Bla bla bla

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Looks like your hosting service is limiting the number of MySQL queries that your site can do per hour (see here for some technical background information).

The fix would be to ask them to change it or to switch to another hosting service ...

bye, Dirk

ShdwRulr

Forum User
Regular Poster
ok, cool, it just went back to normal. I guess I do need a new host. Anyways. Now I am getting the following.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/shadowru/public_html/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php on line 108
Cannnot connect to DB server

Does this have anything to do with my host restricting me? or is this something I can fix? if I can fix it, how do I fix it?
Bla bla bla

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by ShdwRulr: ok, cool, it just went back to normal.

As I said, the restriction is per hour. So it will reset itself after a while - and you will hit it again when many people visit your site.

Quote by ShdwRulr:Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock'

Sounds like the MySQL server isn't running at all. That's not something you can fix - contact your hosting service's support ...

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:18 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content